The simFlight Network Forums

Keyboard keys not transmitted to RC

Peter,

I have a problem transmitting key strokes to RCV4. This program doesn't receive some (radomly) of the key strokes.

The RC log shows it.

But the FSUIPC log also shows that it did not receive them. So what is happening.

I execute FSX and RC in the same PC (no WideFS involved).

XP Professional in English and FSX also. But the keyboard is defined as Belgium French.

While the keystrokes for RC are not transmitted, other keystrokes are recognized by FSX. (such as Q for mute or shift-Z for fps display)

Sometimes but not always pressing Alt or Alt-Enter will help to regain control. The problem happens as much in Full Screen or windowed screen. I used 2 KB: wireless Logitech and wired Dell. Both with same results.

I have the logs if you need them.

RC is version 4. FSUIPC is version 4.20 from October 23rd 2007.

Can you help ?

I already sent a msg to this forum (at least I tought so) but I cannot find it. So if you do have duplicate msg you know why.

My PC specs

Antec P182A case, OCZ GameXtreme 700W PSU, Abit AW9D-Maw mother board, Intel Core 2 E6750/2.66GHz processor,

Corsair 2Gb-800 DDR2 PC-6400 Dominator memory, 2x250GB WD Caviar SATA Hard Disk (RAID 0), EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB,

DVD R/W NEC Sony AD7173A, Samsung 931BF 19" 2ms monitor, WD e-SATA external HD, Windows XP Professional.

Roger

P.S I also ave a problem with the AV NOD32. I am just mentioning it but I really don't think there is any relation between them. Tha AV crashes the FSX sometimes (at least from MS point of view).

P.S I also ave a problem with the AV NOD32. I am just mentioning it but I really don't think there is any relation between them. Tha AV crashes the FSX sometimes (at least from MS point of view).

Cant help on the first problem but i had problems with NOD32 version 2.7 but i've now upgraded to the ESET smart security and don't have anymore problems. If you have a current subscription for NOD32 2.7 you should be able to upgrade to version 3 for free, i'm fairly certain you shouldn't get anymore FSX crashes with NOD32 V3, which is also in the ESET Smart Security suite .