The simFlight Network Forums

EpicInfo support in FS2004?

Any idea if EpicInfo will work with FS2004 as it stands, and if not, do you have plans to make it work at some later stage?

There's a (non-Beta) version 4.20 which was released to FS Beta testers a month ago and which will work with the Release version of FS2004 as soon as FSUIPC is ready for it.

In fact all of my FS modules are ready except FSUIPC, upon which most (not all) depend, with the exception of:

ESOUND which I'm not really supporting, but I will look at updating, and

ADVDISPLAY which works for displaying messages sent to it via FSUIPC, in it's own window, but at present neither intercepts ATIS or other messages in FS2004, nor injects user messages into any FS display.

The reason for the latter is that the FS coding of all that window stuff has changed considerably and I've not found the right routines yet. I will sort that out, but it may not be in time for the Release.

When I have a good enough Beta FSUIPC for FS2004 Gold I will post a notice here and supply a complete bundle of all modules to those bona fide developers who need them.

Regards,

Pete