The simFlight Network Forums

events

Guest eric

Guest eric

Hello,

I once have been in a real simulator at Schiphol_oost. Since then I try to build my own cockpit. And now I've found someone who can program VB.

My plan is to connect some elektrical devices to my fsim which can simulate a touch down or wheels rolling and vibrating before take off.

Is it possible to subscribe to events in FS ?

E.g. when the wheels touch the ground, I want my homemade cocpit to shake. I want to connect fs to an interface that can send another 220v signal to a motor. Therefore the interface needs to know the event. Also flaps down and gear down do generate some noise and vibration.

I hope somemone can give me a answer or a hint were i can continue my search. Also, if this is posted at the wrong place i appolige.

thanks

Is it possible to subscribe to events in FS ?

You can have a program interfacing to FSUIPC (or WideFS, on another PC on a Network) which can detect pretty much everything about the state of the user aircraft in FS -- certainly ground/airborne, flap settings, gear states, and so on are easy things. The FSUIPC SDK (on http://www.schiratti.com/dowson) gives all the details and can be used by VB, C/C++, Delphi or even MASM programmers.

Pete