The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.75 is not accessible inthe usual way (VISTA 32 bit)

Hi,

I'm running FS9 under Windows Vista Home Premium and of course I installed FSUPIC and Wide FS which I have in use for years now. At first everything worked well but for severeal days now I can't access FSUIPC over the modules menu.

Trying it FS crashes. New installation of FSUPIC and WideFS did not help.

I'm not sure why this happened. Perhaps the installation of the tool Wheather Maker Pro 4.9 had influence.

Have you any ideas on my problem?

Thank you.

I'm running FS9 under Windows Vista Home Premium and of course I installed FSUPIC and Wide FS which I have in use for years now. At first everything worked well but for severeal days now I can't access FSUIPC over the modules menu. Trying it FS crashes.

Can you be more specific, please? What do you actually do and what is the exact result?

BTW I always need to know version numbers -- if you are using one older than 3.75 please update and try again. And a sight of your FSUIPC LOG file (from the FS Modules folder) would be useful.

I'm not sure why this happened. Perhaps the installation of the tool Wheather Maker Pro 4.9 had influence.

No idea. Does it install something into the Modules folder too, or is it a completely separate program? If so, and you don't run it, it shouldn't have any effect.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Here is some additional info on my problem. I use Vista Home Premium (fully actualized) in administrators mode.

FS 2004 is in the version 9.1. FSUPIPC Version is 3.75. When starting FS everything works well. Even FSUPIC is working normally (addons using FSUIPC are working). Then I press Alt to see the menu-bar and then I press the Modules-Menu.

Up to now everything is OK. But when I now press the FSUIPC-Menu in order to make some settings in FSUIPC the screen becomes black and the the settings screen of FSUIPC is not visible. Pressing ESC sometimes make FS running again.

Sometimes for a short moment I can see the FSUIPC screen. First I thought the Addon Wheather Maker Pro 4.9 was the problemmaker but I deinstalled the programm and fully reinstalled FSUIPC. That was no solution.

Now I think Vista could cause the problem. I made a trial with my laptop (operated by XP SP 2) and made an absolutly similar FS configuration and everything worked as it should (incl. wheather maker). (Unfortunately the performance was bad because of older hardware).

Attached please find the FSUIPC LogFile and a screenshot of my modules folder.

... when I now press the FSUIPC-Menu in order to make some settings in FSUIPC the screen becomes black and the the settings screen of FSUIPC is not visible. Pressing ESC sometimes make FS running again.

Is this in FS's windowed mode, or full screen? If in full screen try Windowed mode (ALT + ENTER). If that works, then the problem is in your video drivers.

Now I think Vista could cause the problem.

No, it'll be the video drivers in Vista. Try a different version.

Regards

Pete

I had the same thing under Vista at first, windowed mode used to get around it, but I think it could be a gfx driver issue as the above poster said. Try the latest drivers for your card and see if that cures it. If not then the only way is to go into windowed mode to access the menues.