The simFlight Network Forums

Navigation problem

Hi to all.

I am facing a strange problem after installation of fsuipc rel 3.75 on FS2004.

I was flying with my PSS B757, when the route indication of the HSI was not corresponding with the real route of the aircraft. Practically the aircraft was flying the programmed route but the HSI shows the aircraft rotated on 90 degrees. :?

Same, few days later with the pmdg 737, with a big difference : the aircraft was really fliyng on another route so far from the programmed. Even in heading mode was not possible to procede toward the first nearest waypoint.

With the previous version of fsuipc this never happen.

May be is a old and solved problem.

Thanks for help

Ciao

Renato

I am facing a strange problem after installation of fsuipc rel 3.75 on FS2004.

I was flying with my PSS B757, when the route indication of the HSI was not corresponding with the real route of the aircraft. Practically the aircraft was flying the programmed route but the HSI shows the aircraft rotated on 90 degrees. :?

Same, few days later with the pmdg 737, with a big difference : the aircraft was really fliyng on another route so far from the programmed. Even in heading mode was not possible to procede toward the first nearest waypoint.

With the previous version of fsuipc this never happen.

Which "previous version"? Version 3.75 is quite old already. And there's no problem I am aware of which could cause such diverse and strange problems, especially for sophisticated aircraft which do their own things so successfully.

May be is a old and solved problem.

I doubt it, as 3.75 is still the main current version. By all means try 3.766, available from the "Other Downloads" Announcement above. But otherwise I think you need to ask around in the PSS and PMDG forums, respectively. It sounds extremely unlikely to be related specifically to FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete

Which "previous version"? Version 3.75 is quite old already. And there's no problem I am aware of which could cause such diverse and strange problems, especially for sophisticated aircraft which do their own things so successfully.

I doubt it, as 3.75 is still the main current version. By all means try 3.766, available from the "Other Downloads" Announcement above. But otherwise I think you need to ask around in the PSS and PMDG forums, respectively. It sounds extremely unlikely to be related specifically to FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete for the quicker answer. The previous was 3.70.

I forgot to tell you that i was working with FSMetar to download the real weather during the flight.

I seem to me that the problem is generated when the wind speed at the cruise level ( FL 300 or more ) is greather than 40 Knots.

Anyway now i try the last one 3.766 and i check again.

Ciao

Renato

I seem to me that the problem is generated when the wind speed at the cruise level ( FL 300 or more ) is greather than 40 Knots.

Hmm. It sounds exactly like you are mixing up Track and Heading. With a severe cross-wind the heading will not be anything like the track -- the aircraft will appear to be heading one way but still follow the desired course over the ground. double check that -- look at the FS Map, which shows your path over the ground.

The ND in most airliners can be set to Track up or Heading up. Set yours to Track up, then you won't be fooled any more! ;-)

Regards

Pete

look at the FS Map, which shows your path over the ground.

The FS map ( FSNavigator ) was showing me a heading of 330° while the heading on HSI was 190°, and the expected heading was aprox. 270°

Very strange. Anyway i try again tonight.

Ciao

Renato

The FS map ( FSNavigator ) was showing me a heading of 330° while the heading on HSI was 190°, and the expected heading was aprox. 270°

Sorry, but you missed the question. What was the real FS Map (World menu -- Map) showing as the TRACK (not the HEADING?).

And what was the HEADING INDICATOR showing?

All these things, HSI, Heading Indicator, FSNav get their information from the normal FS gauge variables. None of this comes from or is influenced by FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete