The simFlight Network Forums

VATSIM and FSUIPC

Is there a way my program can communicate with Squawkbox via FSUIPC?

Where can I find an example of a way to retrieve the flight plan, and other stuff from the VATSIM network.

Sorry, I don't know. It depends whether SquawkBox uses FSUIPC for its option control. If not, then it depends on whether it needs mouse actions (not supported by FSUIPC) or can be operated from the keyboard (in which case you could program the keypresses).

Possibly you might get the definitive answers from the Squawkbox or Vatsim support areas? I'm a bit useless in this area, never having used Squawkbox (or any other on-line flight program).

Regards

Pete

Thanks much Pete!!

I know that Squawkbox uses your module for access into the FS environment, to deal with AI aircrafts, etc.

So there might be a way to access the squawkbox interface through FSUIPC.

Lets see if someone else in the forum has an idea on how I can do this.

Thanks much in advance,

Teo

I know that Squawkbox uses your module for access into the FS environment, to deal with AI aircrafts, etc.

Well, not all that. On FS9 and before it uses the multiplayer interface to FS, not FSUIPC, to create the other aircraft you see. I think it only uses FSUIPC to read your aircraft's position, and to get your COMM radio and Transponder settings.

The FSX version does (or will?) use Simconnect directly for AI creation and probably all the other functions too.

Regards

Pete

I tried looking on the VATSIM forums with no luck.

They have no info for developers.

Oh, I thought you just wanted a way to interface to the program, presumably, as I thought, from buttons and switches. You mean you want to control Squawkbox programmatically?

Anyway, I didn't really expect you to find a ready-made answer. Why don't you post your questions there as you have here? After all there will be folks who know about SquawkBox there -- I know next to nothing. The author(s) may even see your questions.

If you are into Windows programming you can normally find ways of driving other Windows programs via Windows messaging, menu control, etc.

Regards

Pete