The simFlight Network Forums

CH yoke buttons

Hello Peter i hope you can assist,i have configured the ch yoke buttons on the PMDG/& LVLD with no problems at all, however i just purchase the PSS 777 series i configured the PSS 777 the same as the other add ons .There is obviously a conflict here IE > i have had to go through the entire PSS series 777/300er 777/200lrf etc and all the different liveries and configure the buttons > via aircraft specific.The problem i am having is when i select between the various types of aircraft and liveries > everything works as it should button wise ,but the "FD" flight director toggle switch at times will not function.IE i click it to the on position and it flicks straight back to the off position,,this does not happen all the time but it is annoying i am not sure what is causing this can you advise cheers Phill

note the key settings for the PMDG and LVLD are letter "o" for A/Throttle

PSS 777 i had to select "i" for A/Throttle when i selected "o" nothing happened

i have had to go through the entire PSS series 777/300er 777/200lrf etc and all the different liveries and configure the buttons > via aircraft specific.

You should have just done it for one, then edited the FSUIPC INI file, changing the "ShortAircraftNameOk=No" to "Yes" or "Substring", then found the [buttons.xxxxx] section for the PSS 777 and shortened it to suit all the models available -- or pick a common part of all the names like "777" (setting "substring" for the parameter).

The problem i am having is when i select between the various types of aircraft and liveries > everything works as it should button wise ,but the "FD" flight director toggle switch at times will not function.IE i click it to the on position and it flicks straight back to the off position

It it actually toggled on or off with one button push, or have you a real toggle action for it? If it's a one-button toggle then perhaps you have the "repeat" set? Otherwise it could be that you have the button programmed twice somehow.

Enable button logging in the FSUIPC Logging options, and check the FSUIPC log after you've pressed it once.

Anyway, it might be a good idea to edit your FSUIPC.INI even now, as I suggest above. If you would like to sent it to me, Zipped, at petedowson@btconnect.com, I could edit it for oyu. But it would have to be today, Friday (UK time) as I'm then off;ine till the 31st.

Regards

Pete