The simFlight Network Forums

Can´t install FSUIPC 4 for FSX

Hi everyone,

I run Flight Simulator X (not the Deluxe, the Normal Version). After installing SP2 I got a lot of errors. I uninstalled SP2 but my FSX dind´t work properly anymore so i decided to reinstall my FSX. I uninstalled SP2 first and then FSX and installed FSX again, run SP1 and tried to install FSUIPC.

But then a error occured and this error log was created:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.20

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61355.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid base SimConnect needed to load FSUIPC4!

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

I tried to reinstall SimConnect with the tricks posted in another thread in this forum but it didn´t work, reinstalling FSX and then installing FSUIPC before SP1 didn´t work either.

My question is:

Is there a solution to install FSUIPC without setting up whole new system including formating HDD and installing Windows XP again?

I hope for quick answers.

Regards,

MoLe

P.S.:

My system:

CPU: AMD Opteron 170

Mainboard: DFI UT NF4 Ultra-D

RAM: 2Gb DDR400 Infineon CE-5

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid base SimConnect needed to load FSUIPC4!

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

I tried to reinstall SimConnect with the tricks posted in another thread in this forum but it didn´t work, reinstalling FSX and then installing FSUIPC before SP1 didn´t work either.

My question is:

Is there a solution to install FSUIPC without setting up whole new system including formating HDD and installing Windows XP again?

Uninstalling FSX, removing the SimConnect folders as described in the FSX Help Announcement, then re-installing everything should work fine. I don't know of any case where this has not worked, especially on WinXP. Try testing things after re-installing FSX but before installing SP1 just in case it is some sort of corruption on your copy of the SP1 update.

Happy New Year!

Pete