The simFlight Network Forums

"Fsuipc Problem!"

mirp

Good evening Mr Dowson,

first of all I wish you Happy Christmas Holidays.

I'm an old fsuipc's user and I have never find any kind of problem in your great work. Recently I have puchased the new fsx version and dowloaded the last module (4.208). However when I select the fsx menu, the fsuipc option is not included. Well no problem come back and replace the old versiono (4.20). OK i did it and finaly the "FSUIPC" option in the menu are now alive. At this time the grate problem come and after select fsuipc from fsx menu a message like this "FSUIPC4.DLL CODE SIGNATURE DOES NOT VERIFY PLEASE...." is returned. I have search any other user with this problem but all the solutions indicated in forum do not have any effects on it.

This is what I did!

Reinsert the windows code (I have an original copy)

Reinstall all the fsuipc4 (I have an registered copy)

Activate the Cryptographic service

Download and execute the Globalsign Root Fix.exe find inside this forum.

Nothing! no solution, the error message continue to appare.

Please Mr Dowson help me to solve this problem without reinstall the OS fully

Thank you and Happy new Year.

(sorry for my bad English)

This is my software setting:

FSX (prfessional) + sp1 +sp2

Windows XP

after select fsuipc from fsx menu a message like this "FSUIPC4.DLL CODE SIGNATURE DOES NOT VERIFY PLEASE...." is returned.

Where is this "returned"? Please describe what you are seeing.

This is what I did!

Reinsert the windows code (I have an original copy)

Reinstall all the fsuipc4 (I have an registered copy)

Activate the Cryptographic service

Download and execute the Globalsign Root Fix.exe find inside this forum.

None of those things apply to an FSX installation because if any part of that was wrong FSUIPC4 should never get loaded by FSX in the first place -- if it has an incorrect signature it is immediately suspected of virus infection and not loaded.

The only way I know of for the signature check that FSUIPC itself applies to fail is that it has been stripped altogether of any signature. That would mean someone had deliberately interfered with the file.

Please right-click on the FSUIPC4.DLL (in the FSX Modules folder), selection Properties and check the signature details there.

Please show me the Install and FSUIPC4 logs from the FSX Modules folder.

Regards

Pete

Good morning Mr Dowson,

I improperly used an italian expression. "Returned" means thet as soon as open the flight simulator and select from menu the fsuipc4 I see the error message before describe and after select "ok", the first tag of fsuipc user interface appare olmost unselectable and unregistered. I removed the fsuipc4 with all file installed and reinstalled again the version 4.20 but nothing changes.

As you request this is the install and the FSUIPC4 logs from my module folder.

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.20 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

FSUIPC4.DLL signature does not verify: running in failed mode!

... if the DLL has not been tampered with, then either the Cryptographic

Services in Windows are broken, or you need to run the Globalsign fix supplied.

Running inside FSX (SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

DebugStatus=0

47 System time = 16:16:41

47 FLT UNC path = "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Documenti\File di Flight Simulator X\"

47 FS UNC path = "C:\Programmi\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

641 LogOptions=00000001

641 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

1875 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61472.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

1875 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

1875 FSUIPC Menu entry added

1953 C:\Programmi\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT

1953 C:\Programmi\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR

25438 C:\Programmi\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\LVLD_B763\B767-300.AIR

25438 Weather Mode now = Custom

25438 c:\documents and settings\administrator\documenti\file di flight simulator x\767_in volo_.FLT

50641 System time = 16:17:32, FSX time = 10:23:07 (07:23Z)

55844 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

78750 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 24 secs = 18.5 fps

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.20

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Programmi\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61472.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found later build SimConnect 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Programmi\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... No previous valid version found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Programmi\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Dati applicazioni"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Dati applicazioni"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Dati applicazioni\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... There is a SimConnect.XML, checking for "local" section.

... "local" section already exists, file not modified.

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dati applicazioni"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Dati applicazioni"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Dati applicazioni"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Dati applicazioni"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

All installer tasks completed okay!

*************** End of Install Log ***************

Thank you Mr Dowson I'm waiting your reply

Paolo

FSUIPC4.DLL signature does not verify: running in failed mode!

... if the DLL has not been tampered with, then either the Cryptographic

Services in Windows are broken, or you need to run the Globalsign fix supplied.

This most certainly indicates that either the file is corrupted, or has been tampered with, or that the basic signature checking facilities in your computer are missing, broken or disabled.

(Although, I suppose it could also indicate a hardware error, such as disk or memory problems. But this seems unlikely if you have no other problems).

Thank you Mr Dowson I'm waiting your reply

I still need to know the result of your checking the signature directly, as I asked previously:

"Please right-click on the FSUIPC4.DLL (in the FSX Modules folder), selection Properties and check the signature details there."

One thing you could do is try the 4.208 version available in the FSX downloads Announcement above.

Regards

Pete

Good morning Mr Dowson,

as you request I took any immage of the fsuipc4 error message and of course the signature dettails. I report thet the overwrite solution of the version 4.208 instead of 4.200 cause the disappearance of the fsuipc selection from the submenu "modules" inside the fsx option bar.

Anyhow this is the error message appear in fsx when I start the fsuipc

and this is what i see when i select "ok"

and here there are the signature dettails

If you have any other request.......

Thank you Mr Dowson

post-26631-128689592717_thumb.jpg

post-26631-128689592721_thumb.jpg

post-26631-128689592725_thumb.jpg

post-26631-128689592735_thumb.jpg

post-26631-128689592744_thumb.jpg

post-26631-128689592753_thumb.jpg

as you request I took any immage of the fsuipc4 error message and of course the signature dettails. I report thet the overwrite solution of the version 4.208 instead of 4.200 cause the disappearance of the fsuipc selection from the submenu "modules" inside the fsx option bar.

Really, that is very suspicious, because there is nothing so different between 4.20 and 4.208 which would stop it loading or changing any of the signature details. I think we will have to concentrate or working out what is wrong with the FSX installation which is causing this.

Can you do these two things please:

1. Show me the DLL.XML file. You will find this in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Dati applicazioni\Microsoft\FSX

2. Look at the FSX Help Announcement above and make FSX generate a SimConnect Log for me to look at. Please do this with 4.208 installed.

From the pictures you showed, although I don't know Italian, it looks as if the signature checking is okay when doing the checks via Explorer, so the puzzle is why the exact same checks aren't working when carried out in FSUIPC4 -- the exact same sequence of Windows facilities are being used to carry out the checks.

I'm cross-checking a few other things this end whilst awaiting your resluts.

Regards

Pete

I'm cross-checking a few other things this end whilst awaiting your resluts.

I've just uploaded version 4.209 to the FSX Downloads Announcement above. As well as the listed changes this now includes some diagnostics in the Signature Checking part. Maybe, if SimConnect does manage to load it, these will show me why your system won't verify the signature from my Windows calls.

Unfortunately, because the signature checking is performed on first loading, before I have any access to Logging facilities, the details are sent to Windows' debugging facilities. So that we can see what it is doing will you please download DebugView, from here:

http://download.sysinternals.com/Files/DebugView.zip

Run this BEFORE starting FSX (with FSUIPC 4.209 in the Modules folder). When you get a failure or other problem, save the Log you get in DebugView (File - Save) and show the result here, or ZIP it and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Please do the previously-advised checks first.

At present this problem is unique to yourself, so it is very puzzling.

Regards

Pete

Good evening Mr. Dowson,

I'm honored to be unique fsuipc user with this problem :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ok i'll follow exactly the steps explaned in your post and tomorrow evening I'll send you (or post) the test results .

Thank you Mr. Dowson

Paolo

Good evening Mr Dowson,

so here we are and nothing is changed. I replaced the old fsuipc modules with the new one (4.211) but still in this case the fsuipc selection in the sub menu inside the fsx bar didn't appare. So the dbgview nothing had registered. So I decided to post here the dll.xml file as you requested in your past massage and report thet the Simconnect doesn't compile the log (I followed the correct procedure reported in the above section).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

Object Placement Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll

Traffic Toolbox

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

Visual Effects Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll

Maddog 2006

False

False

C:\Programmi\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\LeonardoSH.dll

Level-D Simulations

False

False

Modules\LVLD.dll

IvAp

False

C:\Programmi\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx_bootstrap.dll

FSUIPC 4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

Do you think thet the sp2 has guilt?

What I can do now to help you understending?

Thank's Mr Dowson

I replaced the old fsuipc modules with the new one (4.211) but still in this case the fsuipc selection in the sub menu inside the fsx bar didn't appare.

Okay. Good. At least that's consistent with 4.208.

So, was there an FSUIPC4.LOG generated? What about the SimConnect Log? I'd like to see both please. (always every time).

Your install of FSX evidently isn't pristine. As well as the SDK which you've installed, the DLL.XML shows another Add-On which I think should also have generated an Add-Ons menu:

LeonardoSH.dll

I'm now wondering if that could be the cause of these problems.

Try renaming the DLL.XML file to, say "DLL.oldXML" then re-running the FSUIPC4 4.20 installer. That will make a new DLL.XML with only FSUIPC4 in it. Copy the 4.211 version back into the Modules folder and run FSX.

Please shw me the Log files as well this time.

Regards

Pete

Good morning Mr. Dowson

Your install of FSX evidently isn't pristine. As well as the SDK which you've installed, the DLL.XML shows another Add-On which I think should also have generated an Add-Ons menu:

LeonardoSH.dll

This is the module installed from one of my favorite addon: the Maddog2006.

Anyhow I followed this step:

1) I took away the dll.xml file from the fsx folders (C:/Document and settings.....)

2) then installed the fsuipc version 4.200

3) replaced the old module with the new one 4.211

4) runed fsx

Nothing has change, no fsuipc4 voice appare in the sub menu of fsx bar wich is completaly lacking of the modules menu.

No fsuipc4 log was generated as well as the SimConnect log.

So I'm starting think thet the change coming from 4.200 to 4.2... version.

My FSX version include the sp2 and the SDK package.

Do you think thet the recover of Simconnect from FSX DVD installer can solve the problem?

Thank's

Paolo

Nothing has change, no fsuipc4 voice appare in the sub menu of fsx bar wich is completaly lacking of the modules menu. No fsuipc4 log was generated ...

Okay. So FSUIPC4 was never loaded. This is truly indicating a SimConnect installation problem. We need the SimConnect log desperately -- there's no other way of working out what is happening. The only alternative to solving it that way would be to completely uninstall FSX, delete the WinSxS folders containing SimConnect, and re-installing from scratch.

... as well as the SimConnect log.

There MUST be a SimConnect log if you have the correct SimCnnect.INI file in the correct place. I have never heard of a case where SimConnect refuses to make a log.

So I'm starting think thet the change coming from 4.200 to 4.2... version.

No, that is impossible because FSUIPC4 isn't being loaded. If it isn't being loaded how could it possibly make a difference which version it is?

Do you think thet the recover of Simconnect from FSX DVD installer can solve the problem?

I thought you'd tried that?

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Im Spanish and I had the same problem with windows vista and ASv6.5.

After Two weeks of investigations.... the problem.... i have found the SOLUTION

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Try this:

Go to REGEDIT and search this path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\

Trust Providers\Software Publishing

Then change the value 0x63c00 to 0x40000 ( write 40000000) the key will be 0x40000000 (1073741824)

The explication here:

http://lkalamaras.blogspot.com/2007/06/-good.html

Good Luck and thanx