The simFlight Network Forums

PFC Problems - please help

Hi all,

I have just bought the pfc cirrus yoke, Throttle Quadrant and Avionics stack, which all work fine in ONTOP but only the yoke and rudders (through Game POrt) work in FS. Ive installed everything as in the manual but even on the test page there ar eno readings at all. I have tried reinstalling the com port and serial drivers which i know work because ontop is fine but fs will simply not work.

Please could anyone who knows about PFC please help because im so desperate to get this working with a piper model !

If there is software to purchase to solve the problem that would be fine !

Many thanks guys !

:D

I have just bought the pfc cirrus yoke, Throttle Quadrant and Avionics stack, which all work fine in ONTOP but only the yoke and rudders (through Game POrt) work in FS. Ive installed everything as in the manual but even on the test page there ar eno readings at all.

Sounds like OnTop uses a different protocol, like Elite perhaps? Did you specify you wanted it for FS when you bought it? What do PFC say -- their support should be able to help you.

On the other hand if you've installed FSUIPC and PFC DLLs correctly into FS, and told PFC.DLL the *correct* COM port (on the first page), then if the Throttle Quadrant is actually sending any stuff at all to the COM port then you should see something on the Test page even if it is rubbish (i.e. wrong protocol).

I think your first recourse has to be to PFC.

BTW please ALWAYS give version numbers -- they are essential. Both for FSUIPC and PFC modules. See the details at the top of this forum, and go to http://www.schiratti.com/dowson for the latest if you haven't got them. The version of FS would also be needed (FS98, 2000, 2002, 2004?).

Regards,

Pete

the problem is the throttle quadrant that works with ONTOP is analogue and does not work with MSFS and the digital throttle quad does not work with ONTOP as of yet (the programmers for ONTOP are working on making the digital hardware work)