The simFlight Network Forums

CTD - need your help Peter!

Peter, I need your help. Long time FSUIPC user, first time caller.

FS9.1

SB3 running

Dell XPS 600 system

NVIDIA 6800 graphics

2GB RAM

I consistently get a CTD with FS9 while on approach to airfields when connected to the VATSIM network through FS9. There seems to be no bearing on how much traffic is in the area, but it just shuts down.

The event log always shows these 2 errors:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 6.

and

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 7.

No other programs are running, and before starting up FS9, I have used FS Autostart.

This happens with several of my addon aircraft, PMDG737/747, PSS Airbus / 757 / 777, and at default FS airports as well as my addons like Gatwick.

Offline flights are unaffected.

Have you heard of anything similar, or can you give me some ideas of where to go next?

Thanks in advance.

Peter, I need your help. Long time FSUIPC user, first time caller.

I consistently get a CTD with FS9 while on approach to airfields when connected to the VATSIM network through FS9. There seems to be no bearing on how much traffic is in the area, but it just shuts down.

The event log always shows these 2 errors:

Sorry, none of that means anything to me at all. It sounds like it must be related to SB3 or at least the multiplayer interface it uses. The fact that there's talk of "remote computers" seems to confirm this.

I am not an SB3 user -- in fact I've never even used multiplayer, so I'm even less helpful that others might be who use this stuff. I would suggest asking in the SB3 or other on-line fliers forums or support areas.

SB3 is, by the way, a very small user of FSUIPC. Most all of its clever stuff is via the FS multiplayer interface.

Regards

Pete