The simFlight Network Forums

Specific Aircraft Settings

I've made for the CS 707 specific settings for my yoke. But I only have these settings in the livery I was flying while setting up, so all the other liveries (quite a lot) don't have these settings. Because it costs a lot of work to set the settings for every variation, I'm looking for a way that these settings are for the CS 707 (All liveries!) and not just the one. How do I do that?

Sorry for my bad english btw.

I've made for the CS 707 specific settings for my yoke. But I only have these settings in the livery I was flying while setting up, so all the other liveries (quite a lot) don't have these settings. Because it costs a lot of work to set the settings for every variation, I'm looking for a way that these settings are for the CS 707 (All liveries!) and not just the one. How do I do that?

This is from the advanced user's guide for FSUIPC:

ShortAircraftNameOk: This is normally set “no” to make sure all aircraft-specific Keys, Buttons and Joystick Calibration settings only apply to the specific aircraft which was loaded at the time they were assigned. However, if you have several “paints” and which the settings to apply to all, you need to set this parameter to “yes” then shorten the aircraft name in the [Axes.], [buttons.], [Keys.] and [JoystickCalibration.] section headings in the INI as needed. The same facility could, for example, give all aircraft starting “Boeing” one set of assignments and all those starting “Airbus” another.

Further, you can set ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring to make FSUIPC match the shortened in the INI section headings in any part of the full aircraft name, not just at the beginning.

So, just find the FSUIPC INI file in the Modules folder, change that parameter and revise the name for the aircraft in the relevant section heads to "CS 707" or whatever will work for the complete set.

Regards

Pete