The simFlight Network Forums

EPIC Card installed in different PC than FS with EPICLINK

Dear Everyone,

Is it possible using EPICLINK to install the ISA epic card in one pc then network to the PC running FS2002. I would like to do this as modern motherboards do not seen to have ISA slots anymore.

Thanks

Tony

Is it possible using EPICLINK to install the ISA epic card in one pc then network to the PC running FS2002. I would like to do this as modern motherboards do not seen to have ISA slots anymore.

It is possible, using some versions of EPICLINK and EPIC.VXD. But it depends upon having the EPIC.VXD installed on both PCs, and most folks have Windows XP installed on their new (ISA-less) PCs. It is then impossible -- NT/2k/XP do not support VXDs.

The only other answer for EPIC users is to change over to the USB version of the EPIC. You do gain a lot more power and programming capacity then, but it does also mean some re-programming. The new EPL is quite a bit different.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for the reply, I did have a go yesterday with limited success. You mention that it is possible with 'some versions of epiclink and epic.vxd', do you mean the latest versions or older versions.

Thanks and best regards

Tony

You mention that it is possible with 'some versions of epiclink and epic.vxd', do you mean the latest versions or older versions.

Versions that haven't been released, only sent on request. I don't support them, but you can try them. The VXD had to be changed so that it would install on a PC with no EPIC card. EPICLINK was changed to send analogues as well as buttons, Qproc events and pigeon holes. Write to me on petedowson@btconnect.com and I'll send you what I have.

Regards,

Pete