The simFlight Network Forums

Teamspeak on second computer, FSUIPC 4.20

I'm trying to figure out how to use a keyboard button (Saitek yoke button D, to be exact) as a TeamSpeak PTT button on a second computer. Have been browsing the documentation that comes with FSUIPC, but I must confess I don't find it very well structured. At least I couldn't find out how to do it. Someone, please help me?

I'm trying to figure out how to use a keyboard button (Saitek yoke button D, to be exact) as a TeamSpeak PTT button on a second computer. Have been browsing the documentation that comes with FSUIPC, but I must confess I don't find it very well structured. At least I couldn't find out how to do it. Someone, please help me?

Maybe this is because FSUIPC alone cannot do it. It is a WideFS function, and has its own section in the WideFs documentation. FSUIPC itself can only perform things on the local FS PC, it runs inside FS.

Pete

Maybe I was unclear, I have WideFS (and WideClient on the second PC) installed as well. Where can I find the WideFS documentation? I can't seem to be able to locate it atm. Or perhaps you can tell me the steps needed?

As with all my packages, the documentation is included in the full official release ZIP file which you presumably must have downloaded from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson. The details about configuring PTT buttons are in a section in the WideFS Technical document.

Pete

The documentation for WideFS was in the WideFS package for FS2004 though, which I didn't have since I'm using FSX (where WideFS server is built into FSUIPC, but no WideFS documentation come with the FSUIPC package).

Both the FSX-listed WideFS and the FS2004-listed WideFS packages on http://www.schiratti.com/dowson are identical, and they both include the documentation. It sounds like you never actually bothered to get the full package but only an interim (Beta) update from the downloads announcements above? You should always start with the full package, not just an interim update.

Pete