The simFlight Network Forums

why update

Help.....I have just downloaded fsuipc for xp latest version....registered and am now getting a request in flight sim to upgrade to a newer version......this is the newer version ....can anyone help.

Sorry, I've no idea what you are talking about. Could you please provide a little more information?

What IS this "latest version" of FSUIPC you have? Note that there is no specific version for XP in any case. I always need to know the actual version number!

Also, what version of FS are you talking about, please? FS98, CFS1, FS2000, CFS2, FS2002, FS2004 (which version FS9 or FS9.1), FSX, FSX+SP1, or FSX+SP2?

Finally, please be more exact about this "request in flight sim to upgrade to a newer version". I really have no idea what is giving you this message nor what it means. What does it say, word for word, and when, exactly, does it occur?

Pete

My apologies Pete.

I had just come to the end of an extremely frustrating day battling with this problem.

The full history of this situation is that I have been running FS2004/ vers.9 with the simkits TRC controller v2.1 for about 3 years successfully. I had a blue screen of death driver problem a while back and had to reload my video drivers. This corrupted FS2004 and I had to uninstall and reload the software. In that process I lost my original registration details for fsui. and so downloaded fsuipc 3.75 and reregistered. I transferred the driver file to modules started the sim and loaded in the registration successfully. I then started the TRC link and an error message comes up in flightsim saying.

" FSUIPC version incorrect. Please install newest version of FSUIPC.

I have stripped all the relevant software off and reloaded a number of times but still get the error each time.

I am totally at a loss as to where to go next and am now sitting with a redundant half built flight deck.

If you can help I would be most grateful.....I am not a superteccy so please be gentle with me.

Thanks for your great input into this wonderful hobby.

yours

Neil

framingengineer

simkits TRC controller v2.1 for about 3 years successfully.

I then started the TRC link and an error message comes up in flightsim saying.

" FSUIPC version incorrect. Please install newest version of FSUIPC.

Okay. That isn't a message from FSUIPC, so unless you have something else using FSUIPC and not liking 3.75 for some reason, it has to be the TRC driver. The fact that it only happens when you start the TRC program seems to confirm that.

Please run FS again, but before you run the TRC program, go to FSUIPC's options, Logging page, and enable IPC read and IPC write logging -- just check them on the left hand side.

Then run the TRC link program, get the error message, close FS down completely.

Look in the FS Modules folder, where FSUIPC is, and find the FSUIPC.LOG file. It's an ordinary text file. Show it to me - paste it in a message here is best, unless it is too big.

Regards

Pete

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.75 by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FS2004(original release)

User Name="Neil Stout"

User Addr="neil@framingengineer.com"

FSUIPC Key is provided

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

[Continuation log requested by user]

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=0000000D

5029656 System time = 00:10:09, FS2004 time = 14:00:50 (13:00Z)

5029656 LogOptions changed, now 0000000D (LogExtras=0)

5051344 READ0 3304, 4 bytes: 02 00 00 00

5051344 READ0 3308, 4 bytes: 02 00 00 00

5051344 WRITE0 (failed, read-only!) 330A, 2 bytes: EC 03

5071641 System time = 00:10:51, FS2004 time = 14:00:50 (13:00Z)

5071641 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 0 Allocs, 84538 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed *** *******

Thanks for coming back so quiickly. I think this is what you want although it does not appear to offer any explanation.

Look forward to your further response

Thanks Pete

Neil

I think you must have scared it into operation.

Well, the log you posted was wrong. It was a Continuation log, not the log I asked for. You must have pressed the Start/Stop log buttons, which breaks up the log to keep files shorter when working on a long flight diagnosis.

Because you did not show me the proper start-up log, the start-up checking is missing, so it is difficult to be precise. Nonetheless, these entries:

5051344 READ0 3304, 4 bytes: 02 00 00 00
5051344 READ0 3308, 4 bytes: 02 00 00 00

can indicate only one of three things:

1. The KEY for FSUIPC you were using was incorrect, possible counterfeit (and i don't believe that either). To test that just remove the KEY file from the Modules folder and see if the TRC program then connects okay.

2. The FSUIPC.DLL signature didn't check correctly -- apart from file corruption (FSUIPC.DLL is changed, eg by virus attack) this can happen on WinXP before SP1 and on older Windows versions because of a missing Windows Certificate. The fix is documented, with a file provided from GlobalSign to install the missing certificate.

3. The system date of your machine pre-dates the date of your FSUIPC KEY purchase. Keys cannot be used before they become valid.

PS do you still have the trains running ??

If you mean my model railway, no, not at present. I don't seem to find the time. I am hopeful though, one day;-)

Regards

Pete

I had noticed the date error in the log.....I had forgotten to update it after the blue screen situation.....this could have been the fix.

No doubt.

Having paid twice now for this bit of software I would be extremely miffed if it turned out to be bogus.

Well, I did say I didn't believe it, but it is simply the first in my list of three possibilities because it still ranks as the most common cause of this problem -- folks using keys generated by an illegal pirate Key Generator that was floating about. The other two causes of the same problem are comparatively rare! ;-)

I'm glad it is all sorted now .. good flying!

Regards

Pete