The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and the Level-D 767

Hi Pete, hope you're well.

I have ALL my FS9 & FSX aircraft individually setup & callibrated in FSUIPC for using my CH Yoke & Pedals (for which i thank you). All that is, except for the Level-D 767. One or two essential items of this aircraft simply fail to work when setup like this, with the default FS controller disabled.

Seems to me, that being the ONLY addon of dozens that i have, it would be a Level-D glitch. However, when i ask there for support, i get a rather unhelpful response, telling me he is unable to supply support for FSUIPC!

Any ideas on this? Presumeably it's come up before, though a search here for 'Level-D' gets zero results.

Thanks

Seems to me, that being the ONLY addon of dozens that i have, it would be a Level-D glitch. However, when i ask there for support, i get a rather unhelpful response, telling me he is unable to supply support for FSUIPC!

Any ideas on this? Presumeably it's come up before, though a search here for 'Level-D' gets zero results.

Zero results? The LevelD was subject to a lot of discussion here some weeks back. You couldn't have searched back far enough.

I have no idea (you don't say) what exactly your problems are ("one of two essential items" is hardly useful) -- and you don't even specify FS9 or FSX (surely not both?), but the recent ones are with FSX, due to the way LevelD handle their autopilot control.

You also don't even say what version of FSUIPC you are using, so it is difficult for me to be very constructive, but either way please check the FSX Downloads Announcement above and try the latest version of FSUIPC4, if it is indeed FSX you are having problems with.

If it is FS9, and you are using at least version 3.75 of FSUIPC3 (earlier versions are not supported in any case), then I would be pretty confident that it is a LevelD problem. However, there is a later version of FSUIPC3 here too, in the "Other Downloads" announcement so you could try that to be sure.

Regards

Pete

Yes..... zero! Search i did - until my eyes were sore. If the answer is there, then please just give me link?

I forgot to update my sigs - at the moment, i'm only running FS9 and my FSUIPC Version is 3.75.

I now have only one major issue with the Level-D 767 and FSUIPC.... The 'HDG' select will not function at all under the conditions i specified. The FD does not command for the turn.

Yes..... zero! Search i did - until my eyes were sore. If the answer is there, then please just give me link?

Well, I think you ought to seriously look at improving your searching ability, or is it your eyes? ;-). I used the forum Search facility, specified "LevelD 767" and chose Pete Dowson's FS Modules forum only, and the correct thread was the third one in the list it found.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=66088

Be sure to read right to the end of the thread!

I forgot to update my sigs - at the moment, i'm only running FS9 and my FSUIPC Version is 3.75. I now have only one major issue with the Level-D 767 and FSUIPC.... The 'HDG' select will not function at all under the conditions i specified. The FD does not command for the turn.

Seems to be the same problem discussed back then, and fixed already. So why didn't you try the update available here before posting again? After all, I did suggest that already?

Please ALWAYS when you have a problem, first try any update already available. After all it might have been fixed! It might even mention the fix in the list of changes. In fact the LevelD 767 problem does feature in that list.

Regards

Pete

Well excuse me for breathing!

Sorry? What's that about? Are you upset because I pointed you to the solution?

I am surely entitled to point out how folks can actually go about helping themselves to solve their own problems! I do tend to have a lot to do and re-solving old problems isn't productive. I help here to the best of my ability and it takes most of my time. I can do without your sarcastic comeback especially when I have found your answer for you and pointed you to it quite explicitly.

:-(

Pete

Dougal,

Really, you should learn to be humble.

There are VERY few developers out there that give the level of support and attention that Pete does.

Shooting off your mouth as you have makes you look like an ungrateful clod.

- Bill