The simFlight Network Forums

go flight modules and fsiupc

Hello M. Dowson,

i have the following go flight modules: G-T8, G-RP8, G-LGT and G-P8. They are on the same computer with MSFS 2004 and a registered version of FSIUPC. I try to programm them using the Eaglesoft Piper twin comanche add-on plane. I did configure a no selection configuration from Go-flight config. Using the Fsiupc list, some buttons/switches works and som don't: master avionic work, landing lights and magnetos don't ?

Do i need the GF-display for this purpose ?

thank you

jean-louis

I try to programm them using the Eaglesoft Piper twin comanche add-on plane. I did configure a no selection configuration from Go-flight config. Using the Fsiupc list, some buttons/switches works and som don't: master avionic work, landing lights and magnetos don't ?

Test with a default aircraft first. It is possible that an add-on aircraft implements its own methods for some aspects of the aircraft.

Additionally you need to be more specific. I've no idea which FS controls you are trying which "don't work". Name them. Maybe they don't work in FS at all -- try assigning them to a keypress and see if they work then. It is probably totally irrelevant that you are using GoFlight modules.

You can use FSUIPC's Logging facilities to see if your buttons/switches/dials are sending the right things to FS. Just go to the Logging tab in FSUIPC options and enable Button logging, and also Event (non-Axis) logging. Operate the buttons you are having problems with and check the entries in the FSUIPC Log file (in the Modules folder).

With the Event logging enabled you could also operate these things directly on the aircraft's panel, and see what the panel actually uses, by checking the log afterwards. That way you might find you are using the wrong FS controls and can select the correct ones instead.

Do i need the GF-display for this purpose ?

No. GFDisplay only operates GF displays. Nothing else.

Regards

Pete