The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC wont work.

Hi Pete,

I have searched all of the forum and google but i cannot fix my problem, I have Windows XP SP2 installed, with that I has FSX SP1 installed and SP2, I have installed FSUIPC it stays installtion is okay, but the "addon" never shows up hence i cant use Flyingschool which requires Simconnect and FSUIPC, I have deleted FSX(including all folders) and reinstalled it back but still have no luck with it, below il paste the installtion log, looking to hear from you soon, Cam you please help me, make it work? I used to have Mcfee but i uninstalled that a long time ago. no other secuirty is on (not even windows)

Regards.

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.20

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61472.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found later build SimConnect 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.200 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\Haleem\Application Data"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Akeel\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Haleem\Application Data"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\Haleem\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

All installer tasks completed okay!

*************** End of Install Log ***************

I have searched all of the forum and google but i cannot fix my problem

Well, it does look exactly like most of the other SimConnect installation problems reported here. Let's see:

I have installed FSUIPC it stays installtion is okay, but the "addon" never shows up

Yes, the installation log shows that part working fine. Now we need to determine whether FSUIPC4 is actually being loaded by SimConnect or not. For that, please look in the FSX Modules folder and see if there is an FSUIPC4 Log file (not the Install log, another one). If there is, paste that here.

I have deleted FSX(including all folders) and reinstalled it back but still have no luck with it

In general doing things like that is a very bad idea, and likely to make matters worse not better. To start with, NEVER just delete an installed program, uninstall it instead. Also, after doing so, the additional folders to be deleted include several outside of the main FSX one -- there's one in your "My Documents", and, more importantly "C:\Documents and Settings\Haleem\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX". Additionally, it is not easy to delete SimConnect -- uninstalling won't do it.

But if FSX is working okay apart from SimConnect, that is over-reacting in any case. If SimConnect isn't working we need first to find out whether it's just the SP1 or SP2 versions, or also the original RTM version. All three should be installed on your system and all these should work.

First, let's find out if FSUIPC4 is even being loaded, and take it from there.

Regards

Pete

Hi Peter

Apologies for the delay i had temperoy internet problems.

[q]Yes, the installation log shows that part working fine. Now we need to determine whether FSUIPC4 is actually being loaded by SimConnect or not. For that, please look in the FSX Modules folder and see if there is an FSUIPC4 Log file (not the Install log, another one). If there is, paste that here. [/q]

There is no other log there Pete, My hidden files is enabled and i cannot see any log just 1 DLL file and rest are PDF files such guides.

Pete wat i did was first uninstall the FSX from add and remove programs section in control panel then rebooted then deleted all the FSX folders including the one in C/Doc/App Data/My User/Micro/FSX i deleted all those folders but still no luck.

Can you provide me any more help without the FSUIPC log, and if it is not there where will it be stored on my computer?

Regards.

There is no other log there Pete, My hidden files is enabled and i cannot see any log just 1 DLL file and rest are PDF files such guides.

Er, that doesn't make sense. You must have seen the Install log there because you posted its contents earlier, if you recall.

Can you provide me any more help without the FSUIPC log, and if it is not there where will it be stored on my computer?

First check again, because if you don't see any log at all then the FSUIPC installer couldn't have worked, which contradicts your earlier posting.

If the Install log is there but no FSUIPC4 log, then FSUIPC4 isn't being loaded by SimConnect. That either means the DLL.XML file is bad or SimConnect is broken.

As a next step, then, check the DLL.XML file. According to your (non-existent?) Install log that will be here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Haleem\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\

It is a text file so you can paste it here.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Sorry to confuse you, what i meant is the INSTALL LOG is there but there is no other log, I assume when you say FSUIPC LOG it is a sepirate file like the FSUIPC INSTALL log or is it the same?

""There is no other log there Pete, My hidden files is enabled and i cannot see any log just 1 DLL file and rest are PDF files such guides.""

What i meant there was that their is only one log which is the install log.

If the Install log is there but no FSUIPC4 log, then FSUIPC4 isn't being loaded by SimConnect. That either means the DLL.XML file is bad or SimConnect is broken.

I do have the install LOG, i shall paste that below.

The following files are what i have in this directory:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules

there is only the following files "List of FSX controls" "FSUIPC4 Install" (note pad file) "FSUIPC4 History" "FSUIPC4.DLL" "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users" "FSUIPC4 User Guide"

in this directory C:\Documents and Settings\Haleem\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\ I have the "dll" (XML file) "SimConnect.dll" "SimConnect.Manifest" and few others.

I have attached some pictures to help.

The only log i have is the one illustrated in the picutre above which i am going to paste below, this is named as FSUIPC INSTALL LOG is it the same as FSUIPC LOG? or are you talking about a different file but simmilar?

FSUIPC INSTALL LOG

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.20

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61472.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found later build SimConnect 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.200 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\Haleem\Application Data"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Akeel\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Haleem\Application Data"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\Haleem\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

All installer tasks completed okay!

*************** End of Install Log ***************

the "DLL" XML FILE is below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

Object Placement Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll

Traffic Toolbox

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

Visual Effects Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll

FSUIPC 4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

I hope this helps Pete, and i have not further confused you, your help is much appriciated and looking forward to your next guridance, if your unsure or dont understand propperly please dont hesitate to ask me again.

Thanks

Regards.

Sorry to confuse you, what i meant is the INSTALL LOG is there but there is no other log, I assume when you say FSUIPC LOG it is a sepirate file like the FSUIPC INSTALL log or is it the same?

No, it's a separate log which is always produced when FSUIPC is actually running. The fact that it isn't there means that FSUIPC has never actually been loaded by SimConnect.

You really do not have to post those huge pictures here. I believe your words, I don't need pictures. It is just that previously you contradicted yourself and said there was no log file, when in fact there is one. Just not the one indicating that FSUIPC has ever run.

However, having posted a big picture of your

C:\Documents and Settings\Haleem\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\ folder, I see you have something very wrong there, indeed.

I have the "dll" (XML file) "SimConnect.dll" "SimConnect.Manifest" and few others.

How on Earth did those SimConnect files get in there! They are likely to mess things up! Did you copy them there from somewhere, or installed something else that did that?

The ONLY place those files should be is in the Windows WinSxS folders, so that the side-by-side library system works properly!

What is the file obscurely called "SimConnect Security Catalog"? What is it's actual filename?

I think you should delete all three of those SimConnect files and try again. You ought to try and work out what put them there, because it is wrong.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I posted the big pictures to help explain I will remove them, now i understand what you meant and it is clear that FSUIPC is not being loaded because i dont have the log there,

How on Earth did those SimConnect files get in there! They are likely to mess things up! Did you copy them there from somewhere, or installed something else that did that?

No, I have not manuely moved/copied them from somewhere else, I have deleted them but still no luck, and the only thing i have installed is the FSX SP2 that MAY have put them there but nothing else. I once installed FSPASSENGER but i uninstalled that a long time ago but i dont think that uses Simconnect?

What is the file obscurely called "SimConnect Security Catalog"? What is it's actual filename?

It is a security log of some kind it only opens with "Crypto Shell Extensions" and when i open the file i get window attached below. and the Acutal file name is "SimConnect"

I think you should delete all three of those SimConnect files and try again. You ought to try and work out what put them there, because it is wrong.

I Have deleted and tried again but still no luck, but i dont no how they got there, is there any way i can find out? i could re run the FSX SP2 and try to see if the files are there or not?

post-27069-128689603767_thumb.jpg

I Have deleted and tried again but still no luck, but i dont no how they got there, is there any way i can find out? i could re run the FSX SP2 and try to see if the files are there or not?

No, SP2 wouldn't have installed them there. I don't know what FSPassengers does -- is it an FSX-specific product?

Anyway, the next step is to find out why SimConnect isn't loading FSUIPC4. For that we need a SimConnect log file. If you look in the Announcements at the top of this Forum you will find one there called "FSX Help ...". In there it tells you how to get a SimConnect log file. Do that and show it to me please.

It is looking like you may need to do a SimConnect repair, but let's just do that check first.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Yes FS Passenger is a 3rd party Add on for FS2004 which i thought was for FSX but the newer version is to come out some time next month for FSX so i deleted FS Passenger anyways i have done the log thing and it is below.

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.06169 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64

0.07529 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=2512, MaxClients=64

anyways i have done the log thing and it is below

Okay. If it is stopping there, and not logging anything else, then it is not reading the DLL.XML file, or that file is wrong in some way.

The only thing I can think of doing now is to delete the DLL.XML file, rerun the FSUIPC4 Installer, and see if that gets it loaded. If not, I'm afraid it's over to Microsoft Support because it is beyond me. SimConnect should be reading that DLL file for sure.

You are logging in on Windows as the same user you installed FSX as, I hope? Otherwise maybe SimConnect is looking in the wrong place, the wrong Documents & Settings folder.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Yes i am logging in the same user as the installs, I only run one user and that is the default Administrator one.

I have deleted the DLL file and re run the installer but still has not made a difference.

Thank you ever so much for helping, it is much appriciated i am going to contact MS FSX Support see if they can assist me further, personally i do not want to run a fresh intall of Windows XP, as other users on other forums have suggested but i will try and see what options (if any) i have.

Once again thank you.

Regards.

The dll file is not in a folder, it just in my App Data/Micro/FSX/DLL

Now this is getting confusing. Are you going way back to that message where we talked about the three SimConnect files there and just repeating yourself?

If so, do I assume all you meant by this:

I have deleted the DLL file and re run the installer but still has not made a difference.

is merely you repeating what I know you did a few messages back? Why? It is very confusing. I really thought you'd set about trying to do the SimConnect repair, which was the next step I suggested if you look back.

The FSX Help Announcement tells you how to do that.

Regards

Pete