The simFlight Network Forums

iFly 747 and FSUIPC

Hey guys,

Just installed the iFly 747 and FSUIPC 4. Now when I load the aircraft I get white screens on all my add-on aircraft. I can see only the 2d panels. The regular view shows for a split second in each view, and then just goes white. Everything else works fine.

I uninstalled the FSUIPC and the white screens went away but obviously... my gauges did too. I tried leaving FSUIPC installed and ditching the iFly but on my other addon aircraft it still had the same white screen so i figure the FSUIPC is the problemo.

Lemme know,

Thanks!

~DC

Just installed the iFly 747 and FSUIPC 4. Now when I load the aircraft I get white screens on all my add-on aircraft. I can see only the 2d panels. The regular view shows for a split second in each view, and then just goes white. Everything else works fine.

Sounds like that IFly aircraft messed something up. Have you checked their support?

Is this IFly 747 designed or adapted for FSX? If not installing it may have messed something vital up in FSX.

I uninstalled the FSUIPC and the white screens went away but obviously... my gauges did too.

Not sure why it is "obvious" that your gauges are dependent upon FSUIPC4. Is this something you just happen to know? I don't. I'm not aware of any FSX-specific products with gauges dependent upon FSUIPC4.

And FSUIPC4 itself cannot change the way gauges appear or make them disappear. If it comes and goes with FSUIPC4 it is because something is doing it which is (coincidentally) dependent upon FSUIPC4 and is therefore not running (or at least not doing as much) if it is not installed.

I tried leaving FSUIPC installed and ditching the iFly but on my other addon aircraft it still had the same white screen so i figure the FSUIPC is the problemo.

No, FSUIPC4 cannot possibly affect such things. What "other" add-on aircraft? FSX ones? If they are all transfers from FS9 then maybe something they are dependent upon has been screwed up someplace.

What sounds more likely is that the IFly installation has left some change it made installed even though you think you've "ditched" it. In case it's another DLL check the DLL.XML file (in the same folder as your FSX.CFG file). It could also of course be something to do with textures, though why having FSUIPC running or not should then make a difference I don't understand. That would be one to report to Microsoft.

In the end you may find it quicker to do a complete uninstall and re-install of FSX, on the assumption that something has been corrupted by the IFly 747 installation.

Regards

Pete

Mr. Dowson,

I apologize... I realize that I came off as trying to trash the FSUIPC.

Its not that I think that the FSUIPC is a problem, but that somehow something is mis-installed and therefore other programs are being affected.

I know very little about the actual capabilities of your fantastic program but I understand that its basically a communicator. Regardless... I probably shouldn't go around shooting my mouth off about quality programs that have adverse affects on other programs that haven't been proven quite yet.

The iFly 747 is freeware designed for FS9 and (allegedly) Designed as well for FSX. The other addon I have is the CLS DC-10 which was working fine until this bird came along.

The iFly has gotten good reviews (great reviews in FS9) so I figured I'll check it out. However, you're correct... I think I'm either going to trash the iFly and go on a cleanup mission, or just re-install FSX.

I'll also try to get ahold of the iFly squad and see what they say.

Let me know if you think of anything else.

Thanks again,

~DC

The iFly 747 is freeware designed for FS9 and (allegedly) Designed as well for FSX. The other addon I have is the CLS DC-10 which was working fine until this bird came along.

Hmm. For one add-on to mess another up is quite unusual. It does seem as if the IFly installation does alter something more fundamental in the FSX installation than its own gauges and textures. For the presence of FSUIPC4 to be making any difference when you are not flying the IFly I think there must either be something messed up with SimConnect (the interface used by FSUIPC4 and other FSX-specific add-ons), or there's some other gauge which is common between the IFly and your other add-on aircraft. and that is where the problem still lies.

Since the IFly aircraft is a port over from FS9 I don't think there will be any other DLL it is using and loaded via DLL.XML, though that still might be worth looking at.

If you like, just to be sure there's nothing wrong with the SimConnect side of things, I will examine your FSUIPC4 Install log, and the latest FSUIPC4 log file -- you'll find both in the FSX Modules folder. Best to re-run the FSUIPC4 installer first, please, and then load FSX and close it after seeing your problem. You can paste both files into a reply here.

Regards

Pete

FSUIPC4.txt reads:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.20 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX (SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

DebugStatus=0

78 System time = 11:26:27

78 FLT UNC path = "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

78 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

1172 LogOptions=00000001

1172 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

5390 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

5390 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

5390 FSUIPC Menu entry added

5453 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT

5453 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR

25718 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\iFly 747-400\iFly747-400.AIR

80437 System time = 11:27:47, FSX time = 11:26:32 (19:26Z)

92390 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

168093 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 71 secs = 15.2 fps

190656 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\CLS_DC10_10F\CLS-DC10-10F-GE-CF6-6D.AIR

215468 System time = 11:30:02, FSX time = 11:28:01 (19:28Z)

215468 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Average frame rate for running time of 86 secs = 15.3 fps

Memory managed: 70 Allocs, 70 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

and

FSUIPC Install.txt reads:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.20

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found later build SimConnect 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.200 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Application Data"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Application Data"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

All installer tasks completed okay!

*************** End of Install Log ***************

Just give it to me straight doc. lol.

Thanks so much for taking the time!

~DC

Just give it to me straight doc. lol.

Well, there's nothing wrong with the SimConnect installation. You could show me the DLL.XML file, from this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\

The only reason to look at that is to see if there are any other DLLs being loaded which could be responsible.

One other question. Are you using FSX RTM, SP1 or SP2/Acceleration? If you've installed SP2 or Acceleration you are aware, I hope, that this renders a lot of FS9 aircraft incompatible? I seem to recall from somewhere else that one of the symptoms is disappearing gauges or holes where they used to be.

I really can't understand, however, how any of that relates to whether FSUIPC is installed or not.

Regards

Pete

Thank you kindly Mr. Dowson.

Since I use flight sim for school, I simply removed the iFly 747. I just didn't have the time to get it running smoothly. Perhaps over spring break.

But I certainly appreciate all of your help concern and support.

Keep up the great work!

~DC