The simFlight Network Forums

couple of questions?

im currently writing an Application for use with FS, i need to know if there is anyway i can determine if an aircraft is in contact with the ground via FSUIPC?

Yew, the Aircraft On Ground flag at offset 0366.

is it possible to calculate the distance in NM from an aircraft current position to a specified ICAO airport code?

Only if you know the lat/lon of the airport. That's not something FS or FSUIPC can look up for you. If you do have it, it's a matter of spherical trigonometry, though for short distances you could simplify by assuming a flat Earth! ;-)

Regards

Pete

im currently writing an Application for use with FS, i need to know if there is anyway i can determine if an aircraft is in contact with the ground via FSUIPC?

Yew, the Aircraft On Ground flag at offset 0366.

How the hell did i miss that lol im using FS-Interrogate2 to get variables etc, i went throught the entire list last night and couldnt find it lol

is it possible to calculate the distance in NM from an aircraft current position to a specified ICAO airport code?

Only if you know the lat/lon of the airport. That's not something FS or FSUIPC can look up for you. If you do have it, it's a matter of spherical trigonometry, though for short distances you could simplify by assuming a flat Earth! ;-)

Regards

Pete

i might just have every fs9 airport in a database along with its lat longs

edit: no i dont damn, any ideas where i could obtain these free?

How the hell did i miss that lol im using FS-Interrogate2 to get variables etc, i went throught the entire list last night and couldnt find it lol

Whilst FSInterrogate makes a good investigative and checking tool, it isn't a good reference. Best to refer to the offset lists in the documentation. Being documents they are easily searched, and they contain a lot more information and tend to be kept up to date more.

i might just have every fs9 airport in a database along with its lat longs

edit: no i dont damn, any ideas where i could obtain these free?

You can use my freeware "MakeRunways" tool to generate databases containing runway lat/lons and a lot more. Available from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.

Pete

You can use my freeware "MakeRunways" tool to generate databases containing runway lat/lons and a lot more. Available from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.

Pete

ahh that would have been 100% easier than getting them from FSNav.

well thanks for your help, i have managed to get my app to calculate distance in NM from a Lat/Long to and ICAO specified :D considering i only started learning C# a day ago im on a roll :D