The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS not registers

ega

Hi Peter,

I have just rebuilt my computer (using Vista and FSX). I installed FSIUPC (latest version) and used the key I had and it registers OK

Yet I noticed that there always a DOS window scrolling a lot of information. Is that normal? I have disabled all logs.

I also bought Wide FS and here I have a problem. I cannnot use it in my client PC.

The FSIUPC log says:

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WideFS7 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX on Windows Vista (SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Peter, how can I register WideFS? I have already done that and I cannot find now a registrattion window inside FSIUPC as the manual says.

Thanks!

Regards

Edmundo

Hi Peter,

Well, ather a full installation of FSIUPC/WideFS all is working well. Therefore this probelm is solved.

Yet I am puzzled why there is this DOS window scrolling a huge quantity of information. Is that normal or can be stopped?

Thanks!

Edmundo

Yet I am puzzled why there is this DOS window scrolling a huge quantity of information. Is that normal or can be stopped?

It isn't anything to do with my software. Nowhere do I use any form of DOS window. You have something else doing that.

The FSUIPC4 Installer displays an ordinary text window (not DOS) showing the Install Log, but it only does that whilst it is installing. Once it has finished the text is available for you to see in the FSX Modules folder, as the Installer Log file.

Pete

Peter,

Thanks for caring to answer!

The DOS window I see is labeled "Simconnect Diagnostic Output" and is always scrolling. Don´t remember to see this before. Have ant idea how can it be stopped?

Mant thanks

Edmundo

Peter,

I found out thr solution. It was related to an instruction in Simconnect.ini, such as:

[simConnect]

level=Verbose

; file=r:\Game\FSX\SimConnect%03u.log

console=yes

file_max_index=1

If "console=yes" makes SimConnect open a console window for diagnostic messages from simconnect. Changing to "no" stops sending this information!

Warmest regards!

Edmundo

If "console=yes" makes SimConnect open a console window for diagnostic messages from simconnect. Changing to "no" stops sending this information!

Yes, I know. But why are you getting a SimConnect log in the first place? Even without the console output it is still doing a lot of logging, and that won't be helping your frame rates.

I tend to use SimConnect logging a lot when developing software. But if you are only interested in using FSX, you should really remove or rename that INI file. Only use it when you are trying to sort a problem out.

Regards

Pete