The simFlight Network Forums

Help! FSUIPC4

FSUIPC4 installs properly. The files are in my fsx modules folder but it dosent appear on the add-ons tab when im in the game. Im not getting the Log which your apparently supposed to have. So can anyone help me please i need a soloution so the FSUIPC will show up on the add-ons

If there's no FSUIPC4.LOG file, then FSUIPC4 isn't even being loaded. Sounds like a SimConnect problem, or, possibly, a bad SimConnect configuration file.

First please show me the Install Log which will be in the Modules folder.

Pete

FSUIPC4 installs properly. The files are in my fsx modules folder but it dosent appear on the add-ons tab when im in the game. Im not getting the Log which your apparently supposed to have. So can anyone help me please i need a soloution so the FSUIPC will show up on the add-ons

If there's no FSUIPC4.LOG file, then FSUIPC4 isn't even being loaded. Sounds like a SimConnect problem, or, possibly, a bad SimConnect configuration file.

First please show me the Install Log which will be in the Modules folder.

Pete

nstaller for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.20

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61355.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... No previous valid version found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Application Data"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Application Data"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data"

... No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

All installer tasks completed okay!

*************** End of Install Log ***************

4.25 is the current version, though I don't think it will make any difference to your problem, as FSUIPC isn't getting run in any case.

The Install looks fine, so the next step is to get a SimConnect log, to see if it is picking up the DLL.XML file correctly. If you look in the FSX Help announcement above and follow the instructions to make a SimConnect log, then show that here. Also, show your DLL.XML file, which you will find here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX

To speed things up you could also try renaming the DLL.XML file, temporarily, then running the FSUIPC4 installer again, to make a brand new DLL.XML file (it is that file which tells SimConnect what to load, you see).

If you are going to re-install FSUIPC4 this was, best to first go and download the current version (4.25) from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.

Regards

Pete

Hi

ok this is the DLL.XML file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

FSCopilot

False

Modules\FSCopilot.dll

Instant Scenery

False

False

C:\Program Files\Instant Scenery Demo\InstantSceneryFSX.dll

Object Placement Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll

Traffic Toolbox

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

Visual Effects Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll

FSUIPC 4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

I removed the old FSUIPC4 and downloaded and installed the newer versions and am now getting the error

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.25

Parameter"SetupPath"

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... No previous valid version found.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. (Error ref 80092026)

Im having troubles with the simconnect. iv installed on and im getting a diagnostics or something like that while im playing fsx but no log.

Thank you for the help.

ok this is the DLL.XML file

I see you are loading FSCopilot and InstantSceneryFSX, before FSUIPC4. Are those two loading and working okay?

Did you test without that DLL.XML present, to see if one of those two were wrecking SimConnect's sequencing?

I removed the old FSUIPC4

You shouldn't do that. There's never a need to remove FSUIPC to update it.

and downloaded and installed the newer versions and am now getting the error

Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. (Error ref 80092026)

Looks like you got a corrupted download. Please cross-check that: right-click on the Install FSUIPC4.exe program, check properties then digital signature - check that it says the signature is okay. Do the same on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. If there's even one bit changed from when I issued it, it will fail in this way and the signatures won't work.

If the Install signature checks out but not the DLL's then the problem is a corruption in your PC -- disk or memory mostly suspect. If the Install program is bad too, it is more likely to be a corruption on download or when unzipping.

Im having troubles with the simconnect. iv installed on and im getting a diagnostics or something like that while im playing fsx but no log.

Sorry, I don't understand this bit. Could you expand upon that please?

Did you try to get a SimConnect log for me, as I asked? If so and you mean you got nothing, show me the SimConnect.INI file you put into your "Flight Simulator X Files" folder.

Regards

Pete

The instant scenery is working fine but i dont think the fs co-pilot working at all.

I changed the DLL XML document and the re-install created a new one. (It installed properly this time). But i am getting no add-ons tab so its not even loading the instant scenery which worked before.

This is the simconnect file

[simConnect]

level=Verbose

console=Yes

file=\Modules\SimConnect%01u.Log

file_max_index=9

I changed the DLL XML document and the re-install created a new one. (It installed properly this time). But i am getting no add-ons tab so its not even loading the instant scenery which worked before.

No, it won't -- you need the old DLL.XML file for that & copilot. That was why you renamed it. The DLL.XML created by FSUIPC4's installer is just for running FSUIPC4, nothing else, as a test.

This is the simconnect file

[simConnect]

level=Verbose

console=Yes

file=\Modules\SimConnect%01u.Log

file_max_index=9

Ah. The problem there is that the path for the log has weird characters in it, "<" and ">". You were supposed to replace "" by the path to FSX -- the odd parentheses <> are there to show it's all got to be replaced!

The Simconnect.ini file should be:

[simConnect]

level=Verbose

console=Yes

file=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\SimConnect%01u.Log

file_max_index=9

The text after "file" has to be a valid filepath name, you see? You can put the logs where you like. I only suggest the Modules folder, next to the FSUIPC.Logs, because that sems natural when checking FSUIPC stuff.

Regards

Pete

Ok stupid me lol.

This is the SimConnect log it gave me when FSX was started.

I only posted the top half becuse it was very long

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61242.0

1.73949 Panels data export found and set to 20A819B8

1.84549 DLL Loaded: Path="C:\Program Files\Instant Scenery Demo\InstantSceneryFSX.dll" Version="1.0.4.0"

> 6.91233 [63, 1]Open: Version=0x00000002 Name="InstantSceneryFSX.dll"

> 7.02137 [63, 2]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=71565313, SystemEventName="SimStart"

> 7.02158 [63, 3]AddToDataDefinition:DefineID=71630848, DatumName="Plane Latitude", UnitsName="degree latitude", DatumType=4, fEpsilon=0.000000, DatumID=-1

> 7.02169 [63, 4]RequestDataOnSimObject:RequestID=71630848, DefineID=71630848, ObjectID=0, Period=2, Flags=0, origin=0, interval=0, limit=0

> 7.02186 [63, 5]AddToDataDefinition:DefineID=71630849, DatumName="Plane Longitude", UnitsName="degree longitude", DatumType=4, fEpsilon=0.000000, DatumID=-1

> 7.02194 [63, 6]RequestDataOnSimObject:RequestID=71630849, DefineID=71630849, ObjectID=0, Period=2, Flags=0, origin=0, interval=0, limit=0

> 7.02202 [63, 7]AddToDataDefinition:DefineID=71630850, DatumName="Plane Altitude", UnitsName="meters", DatumType=4, fEpsilon=0.000000, DatumID=-1

> 7.02209 [63, 8]RequestDataOnSimObject:RequestID=71630850, DefineID=71630850, ObjectID=0, Period=2, Flags=0, origin=0, interval=0, limit=0

Ok stupid me lol.

This is the SimConnect log it gave me when FSX was started.

But this is with InstantSceneryFSX enabled again! Didn't you run a test with just FSUIPC4 enabled, as it would have been with the DLL.XML it installs?

It sounds a little worrying if InstantScenery is doing so much continuously with SimConnect it produces a large file -- I thought only FSUIPC4 did that much!

We need to determine if the reason FSUIPC4 isn't being loaded is because of something one of the other programs is doing, so for this to be tested you need to rename the DLL.XML file, re-run the FSUIPC4 Installer, then run FSX, and then show me the SimConnect log file.

You never know, it might be InstantScenery which is somehow causing FSCopilot not to load, as well.

Regards

Pete

This is what simconnect came up with

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61242.0

and thats it.

So, it isn't reading the DLL.XML, or that's wrong in some way. :-(

Please, let me again see the DLL.XML you used for this test, and also the latest Install FSUIPC4 log file. I'm really completely puzzled by all this. If it can see to load InstantScenery, why can't it see to load FSUIPC4?

Pete

ok thats the XML file that the FSUIPC installed

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>

-

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

-

FSUIPC 4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

I guess those '-' characters were inserted by Notepad or something, were they? They shouldn't be in the file itself.

what do i open the dll file with??

You don't want to open any DLL file! What are you trying to do?

I need to see the most recent Install FSUIPC4 log now, please. You showed me one before I think.

One question: there aren't any "SimConnect..." files in the Modules folder. other than the Logs, are there?

Pete

Parameter"SetupPath"

... Version 4.250 found.

Installed version is later: it is not overwritten.

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Application Data"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Application Data"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... No previous DLL.XML found, creating new one.

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

I'm really completely puzzled by all this. If it can see to load InstantScenery, why can't it see to load FSUIPC4?

One other possibility occurs to me.

Do you think you might have, at some stage, told Windows not to trust me or my software? Because if so, that might well explain why SimConnect won't come near me.

Please check the following:

1. Right-click on the FSUIPC4.DLL in the Modules folder, and select Properties, then the Digital Signatures tab. Go through to the details and make sure it does say the digital signature is okay.

2. Run Internet Explorer (not an alternative), select Tools -- Internet Options -- Content -- Publishers.

You will see you can select tabs for "Trusted Publishers" and "Untrusted Publishers". See which one, if either, I am in ("Peter L. Dowson"). If I am in the "Untrusted" list then Remove me from there -- it means at some stage you've told Windows never to allow any of my programs to run.

Regards

Pete

Erthis is still the Install log file for 4.20! I thought you'd said you'd installed 4.25!?

Please run the 4.25 installer! THEN show me the log.

We seem to be going backwards instead of forwards. I really cannot imagine what you are actually doing there.

In fact you have installed 4.25, as it says here:

... Version 4.250 found.

Installed version is later: it is not overwritten.

so why have you now run the 4.20 version again? :-(

Pete

Soz i got so many files and folders trying to sort it out.

the digital signature is ok and your in nether trusted or untrusted on the internet.

Iv just tryed to reinstall 4.25

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.25 but it came up with an error saying

Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. Please check that i am not listed as an untrusted publisher in internet explorer

Parameter"SetupPath"

... Version 4.250 found.

Iv just tryed to reinstall 4.25

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.25 but it came up with an error saying

Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. Please check that i am not listed as an untrusted publisher in internet explorer

Right. That's what you had originally with 4.25, but then you said you fixed it -- you didn't say how.

This means, as I did actually before, that either the 4.25 file you downloaded is corrupt (go get it again), or that your unzipper somehow corrupted it, or it is just faulty on your disk or in your memory.

It is probably because the 4.25 you have in the Modules folder is corrupted that SimConnect refuses to load it. It seems you never re-installed it correctly since when you first told me this.

Did you bother to check the signatures on the Installer EXE file and the DLL file, as I asked you to way back?

This is taking a long time, isn't it? We seem to have to repeat everything over and over! :-(. Looking back you appear to have ignored all this from my message of over four hours ago:

... and downloaded and installed the newer versions and am now getting the error

Looks like you got a corrupted download. Please cross-check that: right-click on the Install FSUIPC4.exe program, check properties then digital signature - check that it says the signature is okay. Do the same on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. If there's even one bit changed from when I issued it, it will fail in this way and the signatures won't work.

If the Install signature checks out but not the DLL's then the problem is a corruption in your PC -- disk or memory mostly suspect. If the Install program is bad too, it is more likely to be a corruption on download or when unzipping.

Sorry, I don't understand this bit. Could you expand upon that please?

Pete

The signatures on two the files are ok iv double checked them both!

(Im having troubles with the simconnect. iv installed on and im getting a diagnostics or something like that while im playing fsx but no log.)

This was due to the wrong file path to the modules file to simconnect, thats is sorted now.

The signatures on two the files are ok iv double checked them both!

The sinature check is failing on the FSUIPC4.DLL in your modules folder. That is why this error occurs:

Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL.

If it fails then and not when you do it, it sounds very much like you might have an intermittent problem with your hardware somewhere -- a faulty disk, disk controller or memory chip. The signature checks performed by the installer (and by SimConnect) use the exact same routines in Windows as you do when checking them via the file Properties, so if they don't give the same answer, one or the other is seeing them differently. Therefore the data looks different in memory or when read at different times.

Regards

Pete