The simFlight Network Forums

Offset Configuration

Hi Pete!

I’m using FSCONV to bridge LEVELD SDK to FSUIPC. I’m getting a problem with a rotary button I want to have for DH may be because I’m a newbie :wink:

In Buttons + Switches tab, after detecting the joystick I configure this way:

- send to FS Control

- control sent – Offset Byte Set

- offset – x8B56

- parameter – x01

Configuring like this the numbers on the DH are always changing until they reach 0. What am I doing wrong?

Could you please help?

Regards

Abrupto

This is the information regarding DH in the FSCONV user’s manual:

7.1 Captains DH Commands

The maximum sample rate for this offset is 6.

O S T

56 2 VL Set Captains DH value in feet (range -20 .. 990)

At each sample FSCONV will check the captains DH value in the panel and generate Level-D

SDK + or – DH value commands if the value in this offset is different from the value in the

panel.

Recommendation: use the value in this offset for your hardware display as well, the

Level-D panel will follow…

In Buttons + Switches tab, after detecting the joystick I configure this way:

- send to FS Control

- control sent – Offset Byte Set

- offset – x8B56

- parameter – x01

Configuring like this the numbers on the DH are always changing until they reach 0. What am I doing wrong?

There are only two possible explanations: either your button is repeated going on and off all the time, so repetitively writing 1, or, much more likely, the software which is reading and dealing with offset 8B56 is written to do exactly what you see until you write 0 to that offset.

In the former case you can see multiple button presses occurring in the FSUIPCV Log file if you enable button logging in the Logging tab.

In the latter case you would need to program the Release of the button to do the writing of 0.

As I don't know FSCONV at all I really cannot advise any further. You might be better off trying to find the correct Support place. For instance, maybe you are supposed to "toggle" the bit, not simply set it?

Ah, I've only just reached some information you added:

This is the information regarding DH in the FSCONV user’s manual:

7.1 Captains DH Commands

The maximum sample rate for this offset is 6.

O S T

56 2 VL Set Captains DH value in feet (range -20 .. 990)

At each sample FSCONV will check the captains DH value in the panel and generate Level-D

SDK + or – DH value commands if the value in this offset is different from the value in the

panel.

Recommendation: use the value in this offset for your hardware display as well, the

Level-D panel will follow…

Is this talking about offset x8B56? Is that what it means in the line

56 2 VL Set Captains DH value in feet (range -20 .. 990) ?

If so, you are doing two things wrong. First, the offset is 2 bytes long, so you'd have to use

Offset Word Set, not Offset Byte Set, and second, you are trying to set a Captain's DH value of 1 foot! I really doubt that 1 foot is a settable value -- it normally goes in 10's, so it is setting 0 as the nearest value it can get to the one you ask for.

I would have thought you would want two buttons, or a knob, one to increment the setting and the other to decrement it. For that you'd need FSUIPC Offset controls like this:

Offset SWord Inc, offset x8B56, param 10/990

Offset SWord Dec, offset x8B56, param 10/-20

These would give tou 10 feet incs/decs with the set limits.

Regards

Pete