The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC to PM MCP offset question

Here is what i have, I have an axis set-up to activate in a set range using FSUIPC. When rotating knob up or down i want it to add or subtract 100ft from the PM MCP vertical speed. Per PM docs, offset 5418 length 4 Bit 14 and Bit 15 do exactly what i need. I set in FSUIPC in the axis set-up tab to activate the 5418 offset. I tried 5418 14 in DwordSetbit, DwordTogglebit, Dword Set, nothing worked. VS stayed at 0000 on the PM MCP. Thanks for help,

Rob

Here is what i have, I have an axis set-up to activate in a set range using FSUIPC. When rotating knob up or down i want it to add or subtract 100ft from the PM MCP vertical speed. Per PM docs, offset 5418 length 4 Bit 14 and Bit 15 do exactly what i need. I set in FSUIPC in the axis set-up tab to activate the 5418 offset. I tried 5418 14 in DwordSetbit, DwordTogglebit, Dword Set, nothing worked. VS stayed at 0000 on the PM MCP.

The parameter value "14" comprises of bits 1, 2 and 3 (14 is 0x0000000E in hexadecimal -- "E" represents 1110 in binary -- 2^1 + 2^2 + s^3 = 2 + 4 + 8 = 14). None of those will do what you want.

The PM documentation gives BIT NUMBERS. You need the parameter to provide the 32 bits all zero except for the chosen bit. Bit 14 is the 15th bit up (bit numbers count from 0, because 2^0 = 1).

Bit 14 is therefore operated by a parameter x00004000, or decimal 16384. You can also compute the decimal value as 2^14, or 2 multiplied by itself 13 times.

Please use PM support or the PM forums ( http://www.mycockpit.org ) for help with PM. If you are messing with PM offsets you do need to learn a little about number representations I'm afraid. It uses bit numbers rather than straight values a lot.

Regards

Pete