The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.26 and ASX

Hi Pete,

I have a question regarding using ASX with FSUIPC 4.26

Do I need to have the check boxes ticked for 'Allow changes to FS own weather' when using ASX. I'm not sure how this functions or what does or if it even has any effect seeing as ASX runs through simconnect.

The wind smoothing in FSUIPC works great with ASX though.

Thanks,

Glenn

Do I need to have the check boxes ticked for 'Allow changes to FS own weather' when using ASX.

It's optional. It simply allows FSUIPC to read FSX weather, modify it (to apply your choices, for example, like generate random gusts or turbulence), and write it back. It also enables FSUIPC to cut down the multiple spurious wind and temperature layers which FSX tends to generate over time.

rur I'm not sure how this functions or what does or if it even has any effect seeing as ASX runs through simconnect.

It has an effect no matter where the weather comes from, as it is modifying FSX's weather, as opposed to weather sent through FSUIPC -- the filters work on the latter in any case, no matter. That's why it has the word "own" in it -- strengthening the fact that it is the weather IN FSX that is being changed. It was supposed to be obvious! Evidentyle it isn't. :-(

The same option was present in FSUIPC3 and was there for years without any misunderstanding as far as I'm aware. And it has been there in FSUIPC4 since it started too.

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the explanation! Much easier to understand now....for me at least.

Personally, with all this Simconnect addon stuff like ASX I have no idea anymore how it all interacts with FSUIPC. Evidently it doesn't in this case which is great. I much preferred it when we knew pretty much EVERYTHING was being controlled by FSUIPC.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

Glenn