The simFlight Network Forums

probe manifest fails to match a valid base

Hi all

Got a problem trying to install fsuips v4,26 into either fsx fsxsp1 or fsx Aceleration. it returns the following info ver ok 10.0.60905.0 checking compatibility with install Sim Connect .... Probe manifest fails to match a valid base Sim Connect needed to Load FSUIPC4! This was after having to format the partion on whis FSX had been installed. It worked OK before.!! Windows xp pro in use

Hi all

Got a problem trying to install fsuips v4,26 into either fsx fsxsp1 or fsx Aceleration. it returns the following info ver ok 10.0.60905.0 checking compatibility with install Sim Connect .... Probe manifest fails to match a valid base Sim Connect needed to Load FSUIPC4! This was after having to format the partion on whis FSX had been installed. It worked OK before.!! Windows xp pro in use

Best really to show the complete Install log, which even if FSUIPC4 doesn't install can be saved via the menu provided. There may well be more useful information in the log -- after all, that is the whole reason it is produced.

However, this message undoubtedly means your FSX installation is incorrect. Please refer to the FSX Help announcement above for hints on how to repair the base version of SimConnect, which is what you are missing.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete

Thank yo for your reply, it looks like sim connect is not loading with my copy of FSX now, it was previously any suggestions

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.26

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="G:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid base SimConnect needed to load FSUIPC4!

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found later build SimConnect 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

regards David . My reg no is ############ [DELETED BY ORDER!]

Thank yo for your reply, it looks like sim connect is not loading with my copy of FSX now, it was previously any suggestions

Yes, please see FSX Help announcement and repair SimConnect, as I already said.

My reg no is ...

NEVER EVER display your private Key! I've removed it. I may have to block it now! :-(

Pete

Hi Pete,

I am encountering the same issue, after desinstall/install both FSX and Acceleration.

Message is :

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.26

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="D:\FSX\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid base SimConnect needed to load FSUIPC4!

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found later build SimConnect 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

and FSUIPC4 Installer for FSX says :

"Your FSX installation is incorrect! The version of SimConnect installed will not load FSUIPC4. You may need to repair the FSX installation to rectify this first."

I deleted first two directory named x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.xxx in the WinSxS directory, then repaired Acceleration.

After that, always the same problem when I try to install FSUIPC4...

Thanks for your help,

Christian