The simFlight Network Forums

New Computer Re-Install FSUIPC

Pete, I can no longer download my registered FSUIPC for FS9 at Simmarket. I purchased the product July 30, 2003 and was wondering if I need to reinstall FSUIPC on my new computer? Or, can I simply transfer the current FSUIPC.dll , FSUIPC.ini and FSUIPC.key files on my old machine into the modules folder on the new system?

Regards,

Tom

Pete, I can no longer download my registered FSUIPC for FS9 at Simmarket.

FSUIPC, the program, is the same whether you register or not, and is downloadable from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson as always, never from SimMarket! Please do refer to the documentation and announcements.

I purchased the product July 30, 2003 and was wondering if I need to reinstall FSUIPC on my new computer?

If you don't install it it won't be there so it cannot be used. So, yes, of course, if you want to use it you have to install it.

Or, can I simply transfer the current FSUIPC.dll , FSUIPC.ini and FSUIPC.key files on my old machine into the modules folder on the new system?

That's all "installation" is -- copying the FSUIPC.DLL into the FS Modules folder -- exactly that one step as clearly explained in the instructions! Please do refer to the user guide.

Whether you will want to re-use your old INI file on the new system depends on whether you are programming buttons and joysticks and have changed any of that equipment. The INI file stores all of your settings.

When installed and you want to Register FSUIPC just re-register using exactly the same details as originally. You have those in the KEY file which is an ordinary text file.

I really don't know what you are trying to go to SimMarket for in the first place? You'd only need to do that if you lost and not backed up your registration details or KEY file. Backing that up is also recommended in the User Guide!

Pete