The simFlight Network Forums

Cost: Let me get this straight .....

If I register FSUICP only I be able to use it with all features for any addon such I don't need the "slimmed" interface coming with their product ?

Just hope in this case the developers offer a slimmed down version also for users with a FSUICP Liscense on their own ....

I really hate double payments ...

If I register FSUICP only I be able to use it with all features for any addon such I don't need the "slimmed" interface coming with their product ?

There's no such thing as a slimmed interface.

Just hope in this case the developers offer a slimmed down version also for users with a FSUICP Liscense on their own .... I really hate double payments

There's no double payments. The fees paid by developers are the same sort of thing as the purchase by them of other tools, such as compilers and debuggers. FSUIPC is just a tool, and there's a Software Development Kit (SDK) for the developers to help them develop their product. I put a lot of effort into all that, supporting developers, and that's what I'm asking them to contribute towards, at least those that make a profit out of it.

Just don't bother to register FSUIPC if you don't want the extra benefits. What is fairer than that? Do you think it would be fairer to you for me to REMOVE support for applications in the fully registered product? What good would that do anyone?

I think I've arrived at the fairest and most flexible solution to a difficult problem. Please try to understand what is going on here and not always read the worst into everything.

Pete

There's no such thing as a slimmed interface.

Just hope in this case the developers offer a slimmed down version also for users with a FSUICP Liscense on their own .... I really hate double payments

There's no double payments. The fees paid by developers are the same sort of thing as the purchase by them of other tools, such as compilers and debuggers. FSUIPC is just a tool, and there's a Software Development Kit (SDK) for the developers to help them develop their product. I put a lot of effort into all that, supporting developers, and that's what I'm asking them to contribute towards, at least those that make a profit out of it.

Just don't bother to register FSUIPC if you don't want the extra benefits. What is fairer than that? Do you think it would be fairer to you for me to REMOVE support for applications in the fully registered product? What good would that do anyone?

I think I've arrived at the fairest and most flexible solution to a difficult problem. Please try to understand what is going on here and not always read the worst into everything.

Pete

Sorry, didn't mean to sound that rude, was just a minor misunderstanding of the system.

Be sure I get the full liscense when my system is ready to run 2k4 :)

What made me ponder was that 3rd Parties could send FSUICP along, when the paid their fee So i didn't see the reason whey to purchase the full liscense separatly if I "pay" it with a product.

Clear now they pay for the use of the SDK so their product can interface with the module :)