The simFlight Network Forums

Everything went crazy

Oh, I've done it and need help.

Running FS9 and FLD 767 on an XP machine with SP2. Read the FSUIPC manual and tried to do some assigning and calibrating of my CH yoke and new Go Flight TQ and now the sim is un-flyable. The CH yoke inputs are crazy and ultimately, the plane rolls noses down to starboard leading to an unrecoverable crash. I've checked all settings and can find nothing (trim is set properly, etc.) At the crash, a machinegun-like sound is heard from the speakers and Windows reboots.

What have I done wrong and how do I get out of this mess? Sorry, Peter, I really did study the manual and was proceeding carefully. Apparently, not carefully enough.

GNair

What have I done wrong and how do I get out of this mess? Sorry, Peter, I really did study the manual and was proceeding carefully. Apparently, not carefully enough.

There's absolutely nothing you can do in FSUIPC which would result in such a mess. Sorry, you most certainly have got something completely unrelated going on there.

To force FSUIPC back to default settings simply delete the FSUIPC.INI file from the Modules folder. Everything you ever set is saved there. The only other part which you will have made is the KEY file, but that only holds your Registration details.

Pete

Peter:

Thank you so much for the reply and the assurances about FSUIPC.

After I read your post, I went into the system and worked very carefully. What I discovered were two separate problems:

1. The computer crash was being caused by some mismatch between my Diamond sound card and FS 9. A friend of mine suggested that as a possible source of the problem and, fortunately, I have a Lexicon Omega A/D mixing board and I routed the FS9 sounds through that and everything worked fine --- no crashes (difference in drivers?).

2. When I replaced the FSUIPC file to bring everything back to default, it all worked fine (although I did have to reassign axes within FS9). Now, I'm going to try to use FSUIPC on one control at a time until I make sure it works before moving on to the next --- the first will be assigning a spoiler level to the Saitek TQ. Wish me luck.

Again, thanks for the help.

GNair