The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to see other pilots

Mr. Dowson, I enjoy very much your work, my last installation of WideFS was normal, but is not working as I expected. Communications are Ok and other planes can see me, but I cannot see any other planes, and FS is like is not connected, Sim traffic appears everywhere.

I know it must be something easy to fix but Where is the easy fix?

Thank you again for your work

Washington Carbon

my last installation of WideFS was normal, but is not working as I expected. Communications are Ok and other planes can see me, but I cannot see any other planes, and FS is like is not connected, Sim traffic appears everywhere.

Sorry, I think you are under some sort of misunderstanding. WideFS has nothing whatsoever to do with aircraft visibility, whether AI or multiplayer. I'm really not sure what you are doing -- whose other airplanes are you expecting to see, and where are others seeing you? All WideFs does it extend the FSUIPC interface to Networked PCs. There would be no copies of FS running on the client PCs.

Regards

Pete

I am sorry I guess I did not explain myself, I use Wide FS in order to do Squawkbox communications in other computer than the one I am flying. May be I have to check with Squawbox. I have no problem seen other aircrafts that are on line when I use only one computer. I may be missing something on the other program, thank you for your answer

Washington

I am sorry I guess I did not explain myself, I use Wide FS in order to do Squawkbox communications in other computer than the one I am flying. May be I have to check with Squawbox. I have no problem seen other aircrafts that are on line when I use only one computer. I may be missing something on the other program, thank you for your answer

Okay. Neither FSUIPC nor WideFS are involved in making other players aircraft visible in FS.

With FS2004 and before I think SquawkBox and other such programs use the FS Multiplayer interface. With FSX it is done through SimConnect. Either way it sounds as if you have not got a proper connection for those interfaces between your SquawkBox PC and your FS PC.

I'm sure the SB folks will be able to assist.

Regards

Pete