The simFlight Network Forums

FS9.1 FSUIPC 3.81 - PMDG FMC Key assignment

Hi Pete,

i have tried to assign the FMC Buttons from the PMDG 737 to keypresses with FSUIPC 3.81 using the mouse macro option.

But i had no chance to get this working. All other buttons (overhead, autobrake, etc) are working fine.

Is there a possibility to get also the FMC Buttons set up with your Mouse Macro option?

I hope you can help me,

regards

Markus

i have tried to assign the FMC Buttons from the PMDG 737 to keypresses with FSUIPC 3.81 using the mouse macro option.

Ah, not tried that one ...

... Hmmm. There are two problems, one of which is that the alpha and numeric keypad buttons all seem to call the same routine. They may each be one big 'button' (mouse rectangle) with the resolution of which one is clicked being done in code. There's no way I can deal with that by pre-programmed buttons or keys because of the screen position dependency.

The other problem, which I may or may not be able to overcome, is that all the function buttons and selection keys, whilst being neatly different rectangles, all use some user-defined structure pointer which I don't provide. I might be able to conjure up a simple substitute that satisfies the gauge, but it isn't al that likely, and I won't have time even to look for a few weeks (holidays).

Since the CDU really does need to be on screen to use, maybe this is one area which should retain "Key2Mouse" use? Alternatively, undocked it could be placed on one of those neat little touch-sensitive screens (Lilliput do nice 7" and 8" ones).

Regards

Pete