The simFlight Network Forums

Old fsuipc and new fsuipc on same computer

on 02/09/2001 I purchase a fsuipc for use with fs2004. Worked GREAT - never had a problem. so on 04/30/2008 I purchased a new key for FSX fsuipc and the widefs. Installed into FSX - not a problem - works great. Now here is where it gets into problems.

After installing the fsx version registering both fsuip and widefs and testing it, i shut it down. I started FS 2004. Lo and behold now my fsuipc is unregistered and the screen it gives me to register is the new screen requireing a 12 digit key. The key for fs2004 is only seven digits.

So i deleted the modules folder - retrieved an archived version of fsuipc and installed it. Well the registration screen was exactly like the FSX version.

Am i to conclude that i cannot run fs2004 registered fsuipc on the same computer that i have a registered FSX version of fsuipc.

Im open to whatever it is I have to do to get both working. Thanks for your assistance.

fsx registered to rfreeman53@hotmail.com

fs2004 registered to Bobby g freeman 02/09/2001

After installing the fsx version registering both fsuip and widefs and testing it, i shut it down. I started FS 2004. Lo and behold now my fsuipc is unregistered and the screen it gives me to register is the new screen requireing a 12 digit key. The key for fs2004 is only seven digits.

Two points there. First, registration for FSUIPC4 has no effect whatsoever on the registration already in place for FSUIPC3. Your registrations are contained in "KEY" files, in the Modules folder, right next to FSUIPC.

Secondly, there has never been a 7-character key for FSUIPC.

So i deleted the modules folder - retrieved an archived version of fsuipc and installed it. Well the registration screen was exactly like the FSX version.

The current version of FSUIPC4 for FSX has no registration screen within FSX. The registration for FSX is done by the Installer. Since there is no installer for FSUIPC3, what you say makes no sense. And deleting the very files which would have resolved it for you is not a good idea.

Am i to conclude that i cannot run fs2004 registered fsuipc on the same computer that i have a registered FSX version of fsuipc.

No, you cannot conclude anything of the kind. There is no relationship between the two registrations and one cannot affect the other. I have no idea what you are seeing (as what you say makes no sense at all, especially the business about the 7 character key!) but it is not in any way related to the standard FSUIPC registration procedures.

fsx registered to rfreeman53@hotmail.com

fs2004 registered to Bobby g freeman 02/09/2001

Sorry, that's not possible. FS2004 was not out in 2001, and no registrations existed until FSUIPC3 in 2003.

It sounds like you are mixing FSUIPC up with some completely unrelated program.

Please ALWAYS state version numbers in any further requests for Support.

Regards

Pete