The simFlight Network Forums

RemoveATC

Hello,

I just have a short question:

I lately got more and more ATC.dll related CTDs using "Radar Contact". So I searched the internet and read in another forum that to prevent those CTDs:

1. I´d have to have the options: "Show ATC Text" and "Auto-Open ATC Window" both checked in FS;

2.then (to not have the default FS-ATC window pop up all the time and suppress it), I´d have to add the line "RemoveATC=Yes" into the FSUIPC.ini under the [General] section.

I did all that, but unfortunately the default FS-ATC window keeps popping up. I don´t know if that´s related to the fact that I have a german system (german version of FS2004, german keybord and a german version of WinXP-Home).

Can you help me to get the line "RemoveATC=Yes" to work on my system?

Thank you very much,

-T

:

I lately got more and more ATC.dll related CTDs using "Radar Contact". So I searched the internet and read in another forum that to prevent those CTDs

The main ATC crashes were due to a serious bug in FS's code which is patched, if possible by FSUIPC. It isn't related to Radar Contact -- it is provoked by having some coincidence of ATIS and control frequencies at different airports.

I did all that, but unfortunately the default FS-ATC window keeps popping up. I don´t know if that´s related to the fact that I have a german system (german version of FS2004, german keybord and a german version of WinXP-Home).

Sounds like you are using an old version of FSUIPC. current is 3.81. The "RemoveATC" option was made to work on non-English versions of FS as long ago as June 2006.

Regards

Pete

actually I do have v3.81; I also deleted the FSUIPC.ini file and let FSUIPC create a new one before adding the line "RemoveATC=Yes" and still it won´t work..any clue?

Sorry, no. And really, at this stage, I've no way of finding out. All that stuff is many years old now, but it all worked at the time. Maybe you haven't got the FS9.1 update installed? I think it only worked with that in any case.

Can you look at the FSUIPC.LOG, please? There should be linesnear the beginning like this:

38547 RemoveATC: Intercepting ATC window calls to prevent them appearing

38547 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 000265f4

38547 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 0001a961

38547 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 0002a631

Pete

Well, I also got the FS9.1 update, but well...never mind!

Please check the FSUIPC.LOg. There should be lines like this:

38547 RemoveATC: Intercepting ATC window calls to prevent them appearing

38547 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 000265f4

38547 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 0001a961

38547 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 0002a631

Let me know what you have.

Pete

Mine looks like this:

117547 RemoveATC: Intercepting ATC window calls to prevent them appearing

117562 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 000265f4

117562 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 0001a961

117562 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 0002a631

is it correct?

Mine looks like this:

117547 RemoveATC: Intercepting ATC window calls to prevent them appearing

117562 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 000265f4

117562 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 0001a961

117562 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 0002a631

is it correct?

Well, it's identical to mine, and mine works fine, so, yes, it is correct. I therefore don't understand why it doesn't work for you -- FSUIPC thinks it is working okay.

FSUIPC gets the ATC Window name ("Air traffic Control") from the "Language.DLL" component of FS. This should enable it to see it being created and to stop it. Have you, by any chance, undocked the ATC window? That might make it miss it. I'm not sure i cope with both docked and undocked versions.

If you save a flight, and look in the saved FLT file, you should find a section like this:

[Air Traffic Control]

Undocked=False

ScreenUniCoords=1500, 1200, 5192, 2000

UndocCoords=0, 0, 0, 0

except yours will presumably have a German name for the section, as the section bears the Window name. Can you check?

Maybe you can Zip up the Language.dll from your Modules folder and send it to me (petedowson@btconnect.com) to try here? That should be the only difference in versions.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

I just sent the file to your e-mail address and also checked the FLT file and it says:

[Flugsicherung] (= [Air Traffic Control] in German)

Undocked=False

ScreenUniCoords=1498, 1203, 5197, 1997

UndocCoords=0, 0, 0, 0

Hope you can find out what the problem is.

Thank you very very much for your help!!!

Regards,

F

I just sent the file to your e-mail address and also checked the FLT file and it says:

Hmm. I tried with the German language DLL and it still works fine here. I'm afraid I am none the wiser -- I've looked through the code and I really cannot see any way that it could be different.

One small check, right-click on the Window.DLL (in the modules folder), select Properties - version, and see what version number it says. Mine is 9.1.0.40901, which is correct for a 9.1 version FS2004.

Pete

I also have that very same version, weird...

Just to make sure, I didn´t misunderstand how that line ("RemoveATC=Yes") is supposed to work: is it right that when having it put into the FSUIPC.ini it suppresses the default FS-ATC-window regardless of what the settings ("show atc text" and "auto open atc window") in the FS menu are and also suppressing it if Radar Contact is currently not running?

Maybe it needs another .dll I don´t have or in a different code (english instead of german)?

Regards,

F

Just to make sure, I didn´t misunderstand how that line ("RemoveATC=Yes") is supposed to work: is it right that when having it put into the FSUIPC.ini it suppresses the default FS-ATC-window regardless of what the settings ("show atc text" and "auto open atc window") in the FS menu

Well, I have them enabled...

How are you testing? Pressing the ATC button on the Keyboard? (the '/@' key on mine)?

... are and also suppressing it if Radar Contact is currently not running?

It is really nothing to do with Radar Contact.

Maybe it needs another .dll I don´t have or in a different code (english instead of german)?

FSUIPC only hooks into three routines in Window.DLL, diverting calls to them to itself. these are calls to display a window, put text into a window, and close the window. It checks whether the Window title is the ATC one (from Language.dll) and if so, it just returns to the caller without doing anything. Otherwise it passes the call on -- the same calls are used for lots of Windows.

Pete

I´m also testing by pressing the ATC button on the Keyboard, mine is the "ö"-key by default, I´ve changed it to the "^°" -key to see, if the key matters...but nothing.

What about, if I also send you my "Window.dll" and atc.dll" to check if those are causing the problem?

Is the FSUIPC.dll checking any other files - e.g. the Registry or any other files changed by the FS9.1 update that might have been lost? I also have a backup FS2004 v9.1 without any addons installed on my system and tried it there as well without success...

F

What about, if I also send you my "Window.dll" and atc.dll" to check if those are causing the problem?

Well, I could certainly compare them with mine, but it seems a very unlikely difference.

Is the FSUIPC.dll checking any other files - e.g. the Registry or any other files changed by the FS9.1 update that might have been lost?

No. It doesn't use the registry, and this stuff is not dependent on anything else. It simply makes no sense at present.

Pete

I just sent you the mail with the other two files. Hope you still have the language.dll in case you need it.

That was surprisingly useful -- with your ATC.DLL and Window.DLL I get the same as you -- the RemoveATC option doesn't work!

I should be able to find out why now. But it won't be till Monday or Tuesday now. i'll be in touch!

Pete

Best regards, till Monday or Tuesday!

Might be earlier. I got curious and looked into the Gernam language DLL. It seems that whilst the Window name is "Flugsicherung" the name I am reading from the Language DLL is "FS" -- it is the one in the Options menu, and it seems Microsoft abbreviated it rather drastically for the Menu! Weird!

I am looking to see where I can find the REAL name, otherwise I shall have to build "Flugsucherung" in and hope that MS have not done such things with any other language.

Regards

Pete

I am looking to see where I can find the REAL name, otherwise I shall have to build "Flugsucherung" in and hope that MS have not done such things with any other language.

Okay. Found it. It seems the ATC.DLL has its own language resources appended, and the name is in there. Naughtily of MS there's no indication that the versions of ATC.DLL are in any way different, but they are. I always thought they deliberately collected all language elements of the program into the Language DLL to make it easy to translate. Bah!

Please download FSUIPC 3.811 from the "Other Downloads" announcement above.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

terriffic!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Unfortunately I won´t be home till tomorrow night, so I can´t go ahead and check it yet, but I almost can´t wait to see!

Wow...that was the fastest solution of a posted problem, I ever encountered in a forum -- by far!

I´ll report back as soon as I get home and tested it,

Thank you once again,

F.

Hello Pete,

as promised a short feedback:

Just came home, turned on the computer, downloaded your file, tested it and.....EVERYTHING now works as it should!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all your help!!!

Best regards,

F.