The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC question

Hello,

I'm building a 3DOF motion flight sim and the motion software requires the FSUIPC software to extract the data from the sim. My question arises from the fact that I also am going to be using FSUIPC to run an external GA panel application to display my guages on a separate monitor. Will those two applications using the same FSUIPC program conflict, or even cause significant slowed performance

Also, I don't know if you are at all familiar with the external GA panel application by PEIX, but if so do you know how the application runs using a dual output video card as opposed to a LAN connected computer? will I still be able to use the mouse to control the guages as I would normally in FS or will I have trouble unless I run the panel software on a separate PC? I am going to build a fast gaming computer, but do you think running all three programs on a single computer (flight sim, Motion software, panel application) will kill my performance? I would prefer to have only 1 PC, but can do 2 if I have to.

Thanks

Hello,

I'm building a 3DOF motion flight sim and the motion software requires the FSUIPC software to extract the data from the sim. My question arises from the fact that I also am going to be using FSUIPC to run an external GA panel application to display my guages on a separate monitor. Will those two applications using the same FSUIPC program conflict, or even cause significant slowed performance

No. The main performance drag to watch out for is the processor sharing -- process switching. And that applies whether or not your programs use FSUIPC. If you are using a processor with multiple cores then that shouldn't be of any concern either.

Also, I don't know if you are at all familiar with the external GA panel application by PEIX, but if so do you know how the application runs using a dual output video card as opposed to a LAN connected computer?

Sorry, I don't know the program "PEIX". But to use any other application on a second screen with FS running, the latter has to be in Windowed mode, which isn't always a good idea.

will I still be able to use the mouse to control the guages as I would normally in FS or will I have trouble unless I run the panel software on a separate PC?

If you click the mouse outside of FS, then FS loses the focus and the sound will stop.

I am going to build a fast gaming computer, but do you think running all three programs on a single computer (flight sim, Motion software, panel application) will kill my performance?

No, although if you are thinking of FSX rather than FS9 then it would be a good idea to go for a 4 core processor. But if you have an older, lesser, PC, why not network them and move as much as possible off? It may not be such a good idea with the motion driver (as it would increase the latency by 10-20 milleseconds), but anything else which can interface remotely would be better off the FS PC in the long run.

Regards

Pete

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I´m new with FSUIPC software, and configuration of GoFlight MCPPRO module.

Using FS2004 and PMDG737-800/900 and registered latest FSUIPC version.

MCPPRO is configurated to work with FS Default and is working with 737 Pilot in Command and with Boening 737-400 from FS2004.

According to NOTVAM No. 2 from Doyle Nickless,after selecting Modules and FSUIPC, FSUIPC should displays after turnig some control buttons JOY and Btn value associated to GoFlight module.

This is not happening and than it is not possible to designate key sequence to button on the module.

Could any one send me a information how to configurate MCPPRO with PMDG 737.

Thank you.

Milan

Using FS2004 and PMDG737-800/900 and registered latest FSUIPC version.

...and what version number is this "latest FSUIPC version", please? (Everyone says "latest", but they mean "latest they are aware of" which isn't always the same -- some "latest versions" have turned out to be a year old and 10 versions outdated!).

According to NOTVAM No. 2 from Doyle Nickless,after selecting Modules and FSUIPC, FSUIPC should displays after turnig some control buttons JOY and Btn value associated to GoFlight module.

This is not happening ...

I don't know this "NOTVAM", but FSUIPC can only see the GoFlight buttons and so on if the GoFlight driver, GFDev.DLL is installed in a place it can find it. Please check the FSUIPC documentation, and look in the Announcements above where you can find the DLL if it isn't installed with your GoFlight software.

Regards

Pete