The simFlight Network Forums

Captain Sim Legendary 727

I am a long time user of FSUIPC/WideFS/etc. I recently purchased the Captain Sim Legendary 727. I installed with no issues, and went to run FS9 and fly.

As FS is starting up I receive the following:

cptsim-1.jpg

I have other CPT Sim products but have never seen this before.

I have the newest registered copy of FSUIPC.

When I click OK - I receive this message:

"Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled. File: FSUIPC.dll

I click ok and there is no more FS.

I went and used the program (CPT SIM) uninstall for the 727 and I get the same message.

I rolled back the system to this morning - and everything works ok - other than the new aircraft I bought.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I am a long time user of FSUIPC/WideFS/etc. I recently purchased the Captain Sim Legendary 727. I installed with no issues, and went to run FS9 and fly.

I have the newest registered copy of FSUIPC.

No you do not! Just go to the Modules folder and check it. That message doesn't even exist in the current versions, and hasn't for a long time. That message is from a version of FSUIPC preceding the FS9.1 update. It is merely telling you that it doesn't recognise 9.1 and so cannot run. you either need to uninstall the 9.1 update and go back to the stated original release of FS9, or, better, update your FSUIPC.

The only supported versions of FSUIPC3 at present are 3.81 and later.

I went and used the program (CPT SIM) uninstall for the 727 and I get the same message.

I rolled back the system to this morning - and everything works ok - other than the new aircraft I bought.

Your "Captain Sim" install is overwriting your later FSUIPC (quite wrongly, it is evidently a very poor installer), and, as the Captain Sim package is much older than FS9.1 it has a very old version of FSUIPC packaged with it.

Please ALWAYS check your version of FSUIPC before asking for support. It is easy enough to do -- find the module in the Modules folder, right click on it and select Properties-Version.

Pete