The simFlight Network Forums

Control mapping

Is it possible to map the CH Products Yoke mixture control ever for use as a condition lever?

That wouldn't be called "mapping" but "assignment", if FS treated "condition" as a separate distinct input, which it doesn't. For FS the mixture input IS the condition. Can't you see it moving in FS?

Pete

Many thanks Pete for your response.

I have resolved the issue by using the following suggestion by an Avsim member.

"Open the Axis Assignment tab in FSUIPC.

Click the 'rescan' button and move the condition lever, that should change the value in 'joy#' and 'Axis#' to show FSUIPC has identified the control you moved.

In 'Type of action' select 'Send to FS as normal axis', tick the first box and from the list select 'Axis Mixture Set'. That should set the condition lever to act as a mixture control, all you need to do then is calibrate it in the 'Joystick Calibration' tab.

Also note that you can, if you wish, make that axis assignment specific to the current aircraft or to all aircraft."

Regards Richard

In 'Type of action' select 'Send to FS as normal axis', tick the first box and from the list select 'Axis Mixture Set'. That should set the condition lever to act as a mixture control, all you need to do then is calibrate it in the 'Joystick Calibration' tab.

But you could do all that by assigning the axis as the Mixture control in FS's own assignments. You didn't need to use FSUIPC. And I thought you said it was a mixture control already? Remember? You said:

Is it possible to map the CH Products Yoke mixture control ever for use as a condition lever?

So all you wanted to do was assign the mixture control as the mixture control .... Uh?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Pete

Pete I already had assigned the mixture control lever to the CH products mixture lever.That wasnt the problem. I simply wanted to use the same lever to move the condition lever in the Pilatus. I have achieved that now.

I still don't understand. The condition lever is operated by the mixture axis anyway, so there's no difference. You did actually say that you used FSUIPC to assign to the "Axis Mixture Set" control, which is exactly the control FS uses for its assigned mixture axisit would/should have worked exactly as it was before you started -- as I said, no difference.

Maybe you had the sensitivity set low in FS assignments. FS does have a habit of doing that with the mixture axis for some unknown reason. Always double-check all sensitivity and null zone sliders (max and min respectively is desired). By using FSUIPC's assignments you simply by-passed those sliders, that's all.

Regards

Pete