The simFlight Network Forums

Odd problem FSUIPC

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can advise me on the following:

When oppening my FS2004 the following message appears: "The version of FS2004 detected is not compatible with this version of FSUIPC! It is build 9.01.40901... You need the correct version of FS2004.

"The build should be 9.00.306102"

Any help would be most appreciated

Manuel Sabater

When oppening my FS2004 the following message appears: "The version of FS2004 detected is not compatible with this version of FSUIPC! It is build 9.01.40901... You need the correct version of FS2004.

"The build should be 9.00.306102"

It means you are using FS9.01 (i.e. FS2004 updated with the 9.1 patch), but with a version of FSUIPC which pre-dates it -- i.e. a very very very old version of FSUIPC which doesn't recognise 9.01 and needs to run in version 9.00 (the original FS2004).

Simply go download and install the current (and supported) version of FSUIPC.

Pete

Do you mean to download the FSUIPC 3.81?

Of course. What else? That is the current User release. It will likely be replaced by 3.82 next week, though.

There are also often later, interim releases (without full documentation) available in the "Other downloads" Announcement above. In fact there's a version 3.817 there now. But you should always first get the main release, so you have up-to-date documentation.

Pete

Dear Pete,

I have downloaded the 3.81 as you have kindly advised. However, when I try to run it this message appears: "not able to find FS: please run it first" but if I try to run FS2004 first then the message is as follows: "The version of FS2004 detected is not compatible with this version of FSUIPC! It is build 9.01.40901... You need the correct version of FS2004. The build should be 9.00.306102"

Any advise will be most appreciated.

Regards

Manuel

I have downloaded the 3.81 as you have kindly advised. However, when I try to run it this message appears: "not able to find FS: please run it first"

Run it? Run what? FSUIPC.DLL cannot be run on its own! It is a library file! It has to be installed into FS!

but if I try to run FS2004 first then the message is as follows: "The version of FS2004 detected is not compatible with this version of FSUIPC! It is build 9.01.40901... You need the correct version of FS2004. The build should be 9.00.306102"

Just downloading FSUIPC is not enough. Please extract the files from the ZIP, then find the User Guide. It will be called "User Guide", oddly enough. Read the Installation instructions. You obviously haven't installed it at all!

Documentation is provided for people to actually read. The Installation instructions are very very short, consisting of only one step.

Pete

Dear Pete,

Many thanks again for your reply. I do apologise for not reading your "user Guide". I have followed the step you told me and is working now. I notice by the tone of your last message that you are not very happy with my enquire, and again I do apologise.

Regards,

Manuel

I have followed the step you told me and is working now.

Good.

I notice by the tone of your last message that you are not very happy with my enquire, and again I do apologise.

Okay, so let's forget it. I admit to becoming a little impatient with folks not appearing to use common sense when confronted with a new program. I do try to make the whole package easy -- it doesn't do anything horrible or complicated to your system. It is either installed (i.e. in the FS Modules folder) or not (i.e. not in the FS Modules folder), and that is really all there is to it.

Regards

Pete