The simFlight Network Forums

WideServer 3 Computers

Pete,

Trying to run Wideserver (registered) on 3 computers and can only get two at once connected. Is there any way to run one client that has FS Real Time and FS Commander and have two versions of FSX pinging that client for the info? Thanks

Steve

Trying to run Wideserver (registered) on 3 computers

WideServer only runs on the FS computer. Do you mean WideClient by any chance?

... and can only get two at once connected.

Two WideServer's connected? Huh.

Please expand on this, I've not idea what you are talking about now.

Is there any way to run one client that has FS Real Time and FS Commander and have two versions of FSX pinging that client for the info?

No.

Regards

Pete

I think you answered me on your last comment. I re-read my question and it was right...I have two computers running seperate copies of FSX and was wondering if they both could access the information coming out of the WideClient PC running FS Realtime.

Steve

I think you answered me on your last comment. I re-read my question and it was right...I have two computers running seperate copies of FSX and was wonderingif they both could access the information coming out of the WideClient PC running FS Realtime.

No, sorry. But FS RealTime runs quite happily on the same PC. If you are using a processor with 2 or 4 cores, even FSX does not use them all 100% so it won't even impact performance. I use a little program called "Atomic" to make sure all my PCs have exactly the same, correct time too, so it would all work fine.

Anyway, there are surely many more things to coordinate between two copies of FS, if you are trying to run them together. Doesn't the FSX shared cockpit or multiplayer facility operate the time too?

Regards

Pete