The simFlight Network Forums

Basic ini entries

Hi Pete.

I'm trying to further my understanding of the simple things in my registered copy of FSUIPC.

Here is a section of my ini file:

[buttons]

7=P1,15,C66079,0

8=P1,13,C66080,0

9=P0,15,C66079,0

10=P0,13,C66080,0

11=P2,3,C65607,0

12=P2,2,C65615,0

13=R0,2,C1010,0

14=R0,3,C1011,0

16=R2,32,C65734,0

17=R2,36,C65735,0

20=R2,34,C65672,0

21=R2,38,C65671,0

22=P2,13,C65759,0

23=P2,15,C65758,0

For my current controllers, 0 = CH Pro Throttle, 1 = CH Pro Pedals and 2 = CH Fighterstick.

1) What is the difference between P & R? For example line 21=R2… and line 22=P2…

2) Why do 7 & 8 above appear? Isn’t that saying that the Pedals (P1) button 15 & 13 (which of course don’t exist) raise and lower the gear? I’ve deleted the lines but they seem to reappear? I assigned those functions in lines 9 & 10 and they appear correctly.

[Axes]

3=2Y,256,F,65762,0,0,0

0=0Z,256,F,65765,0,0,0

1=1Z,256,F,65764,0,0,0

2=2X,256,F,65763,0,0,0

4=2Z,256,D,2,0,0,0

I disabled joysticks in FS and started assigning them in FSUIPC and the above entries appeared.

1) What is the difference between the F’s and D’s?

The following (partial list) was a suggested method for FSX using “PAN_VIEW” with a parameter of –1 to restore the previous view in Virtual Cockpit mode, rather than straight ahead:

1=R0,32,C65734,0 ; PAN_UP

2=U0,32,C66416,-1 ; PAN_VIEW -1

3=R0,33,C65856,0 ; PAN_RIGHT_UP

4=U0,33,C66416,-1 ; PAN_VIEW -1

5=R0,34,C65672,0 ; PAN_RIGHT

6=U0,34,C66416,-1 ; PAN_VIEW -1

1) What is the difference between R & U? For example line 1=R0… and line 2=U2…

2) I understand the assignment in the R’s but I don’t understand what the parameter of –1 in the U’s does, i.e. I don’t understand “to restore the previous view in Virtual Cockpit mode, rather than straight ahead”.

Thanks for your time.

Bruce

I'm trying to further my understanding of the simple things in my registered copy of FSUIPC.

1) What is the difference between P & R? For example line 21=R2… and line 22=P2…

Wouldn't reference to the documentation I supply help you here? The Advanced User's guide explains all this in the section entitled "Format of button definitions", thus:

P Pulse the key press or control: i.e. do not hold the keys down whilst the button is held down. This is always the case for controls, and should always be the case for any key presses involving ALT key usage, because once the FS Menu is entered FSUIPC cannot supply further changes like key releases.

H Hold the specified keys down until the button is released. (This doesn’t apply to Controls and will be treated like P in their case). Do not use this with key presses involving ALT, for the reason just given.

R Repeat the key press or control whilst the button is kept held down. The repeat rate is approximately 6 per second and is not adjustable. Do not use this with key presses involving ALT, for the reason already given.

U Pulse the key press or control when the button is released.

This is why I provide documentation, especially for the Buttons parameters where a lot more programming capabilities are provided for INI file editors.

2) Why do 7 & 8 above appear? Isn’t that saying that the Pedals (P1) button 15 & 13 (which of course don’t exist) raise and lower the gear? I’ve deleted the lines but they seem to reappear?

You must have assigned them at some time, presumably when your Joystick 0 was connected as Joystick 1 (unfortunately if you unplug and replug in controllers Windows can reassign the numbers).

If they "reappeared" when you deleted them you presumably must have done this whilst FS was still running? If you do that you must tell FSUIPC to reload them (reload all buttons button on the Buttons tab). Otherwise only make changes when FS isn't running.

There's no way FSUIPC will ever "invent" these parameters for you.

I disabled joysticks in FS and started assigning them in FSUIPC and the above entries appeared.

1) What is the difference between the F’s and D’s?

You don't really need to know as this section isn't really suitable for manual editing, but just for info "F" means you assigned an FS control, "D" means you assigned it to go direct to FSUIPC calibration. You'll see the word "Direct" in the calibration section for those.

1) What is the difference between R & U? For example line 1=R0… and line 2=U2…

As described above and in the documentation.

2) I understand the assignment in the R’s but I don’t understand what the parameter of –1 in the U’s does, i.e. I don’t understand “to restore the previous view in Virtual Cockpit mode, rather than straight ahead”.

Because, I assume, the parameter with that control restores the previous view, rather than sets a straight-ahead view. I can't think of any other way to say it. Isn't it clear enough? Do you need a translation into your native language?

Regards

Pete