The simFlight Network Forums

Macro controls

After clicking "create mouse macro" and giving it a name, I've understood that after I make some clicks, sould appear a window/msg box, but nothing happens.

The window will only appear if you click on something which can be trapped as a gauge "hotspot", one which does something, and even then only if that hotspot is processed in a Gauge -- some are processed directly by the PANELS DLL of FS, and those cannot be used this way.

Regards

Pete

So if I want to test if it's working ok, I can use the default FS2004 B737 and it will work ??

Why would you think it might not be working okay? Do you think I release and document facilities in a non-working state? Has my software got such a bad reputation? :-(

Please do read the section in the User Guide. For the default 737-400 it certainly works on the two functions it says it works on in that section -- the 737-400 is the example actually used, so why not follow it? They are the only ones I know on in that panel which don't have a normal FS control (and so don't need a Mouse Macro in any case) and which work in a way a mouse macro can use. None of the EFIS ND options will, they are all internal.

In general the facility is not of a great deal of use on any default aircraft, though when I was developing it I had hoped otherwise. Most Microsoft-made panels use internals which aren't hookable. The main use is for add-on panels made using the Microsoft C/C++ panel-making toolkit, as those all follow a simple logical structure which the facility can trap and emulate. Pretty much all of the Level D and PMDG panels are amenable, for example.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I admire your work, but sometimes your bad answers are terrible :(

What I mean, is that I could have some kind of problem on my configuration, not a problem with FSUIPC, I've read the manual and that's why I'm asking, because it doesn't work... So I need to make troubleshooting using a known working configuration.

You don't need, but I think you should be more polite with your customers.

Regards and thanks for your answer.

Pedro.

I admire your work, but sometimes your bad answers are terrible :(

Sorry, I try to be helpful, and respond to the question I think you are asking.

What I mean, is that I could have some kind of problem on my configuration, not a problem with FSUIPC, I've read the manual and that's why I'm asking, because it doesn't work... So I need to make troubleshooting using a known working configuration.

As I said, then, please use the documented examplethe one explicitly for the very 737-400 you asked about, and the one for which the pictures in the document were generated. Surely that will tell you? Why did you ask me about trying it on the 737-400 if you've already read that? Why not try exactly what it says first?

You don't need, but I think you should be more polite with your customers.

Excuse me, but what was not polite about anything I've said? Please explain that hurtful remark, as you obviously speak a different language to me and I cannot see it is anyway impolite in English. :-(

Pete

Just one more (possibly impolite?) question for you, whilst I'm here. When you first wrote you said:

Hi ,

After clicking "create mouse macro" and giving it a name, I've understood that after I make some clicks, sould appear a window/msg box, but nothing happens.

Now, I assumed you were OK'ing out of the Buttons or Keys dialogue BEFORE the bit about making some clicks. Is that correct? If not, if you are simply leaving the dialogue showing and clicking on the panel, then it most certainly won't work. The dialogues are Modal, nothing else is running in FS when they are showing. It does clearly tell you to press OK in the documentation.

For additional clarification, and possibly the reason for my additional (apparently impolite) responses, you then said:

I can use the default FS2004 B737 and it will work ??

which really is insulting me, as the very B737 you ask about is the one given as a lengthy example, with pictures, in the documentation. If, as you say, you have read this, why have you not noticed that?

Please do explain how you arrive at me being impoliteit still hurts! :( :( :(

Pete

Dear Pete,

Has you told, my native language it's not English, so maybe I didn't understood you 100% or you didn't understood me 100%.

Forget this matter please.

The importatnt issue is that FSUIPC is a nice software and that my technical issues are answered.

Regards.

Pedro

Has you told, my native language it's not English, so maybe I didn't understood you 100% or you didn't understood me 100%.

Understood. :roll:

Forget this matter please.

Well it still worries me a little that you may not be seeing the full example for the 737-400 in the manual, and so follow it and get the exact same displays. That's all you need to do if you weren't sure. If following that exactly doesn't work then something is very wrong somewhere.

Regards

Pete