The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Howto for novices??

Hello,

I'll appreciate your understanding that there are novice users (like me) who knows that FSUIPC will help them to start their early projects, but they don't know where and how to start.

eg I've bought FSUIPC, I've spent over 1,000 Euros in just a week to buy a dozen of cards but don't know how to use them in the meaning eg how to display the current altitude or current remaining fuel quantity in my xxx card which supports displays.

I gave a look in FSUIPC's manual(s) and I found that most probably I've to use the corresponding OFFSET command. But the problem is how to use it? What I must do if I find it?

So I'll appreciate a simple step by step guide for novice users. I'm thinking of it like to be:

Step 1: Find the offset command that you want to use.

Step 2: With a text editor write a file which will contains this command

Step 3: Compile it

Step 4: Upload the compiled file to xx directory

Of course this is what came to my mind. I don't think that this is the right way, that's why I need some help.

Thank you for your understanding

Maria

I'll appreciate your understanding that there are novice users (like me) who knows that FSUIPC will help them to start their early projects, but they don't know where and how to start.

eg I've bought FSUIPC, I've spent over 1,000 Euros in just a week to buy a dozen of cards but don't know how to use them in the meaning eg how to display the current altitude or current remaining fuel quantity in my xxx card which supports displays.

Sorry, but you've wasted your money buying FSUIPC, then, as it doesn't drive displays. It never has been a hardware driver. If it is the FSUIPC application programming interface you were interested in, that's free in any case for personal use or for freeware applications.

I gave a look in FSUIPC's manual(s) and I found that most probably I've to use the corresponding OFFSET command. But the problem is how to use it? What I must do if I find it?

You can't. There are no facilities to drive displays. FSUIPC is not and never has been such a program. You have to be a programmer and write your own program. You'll need to get yourself some books on pogramming, then refer to your hardware manual for your display and the FSUIPC SDK for the interface.

The user facilities you pay for when you buy FSUIPC are all described in the user manual. If what you want to do is not described there, it doesn't do it.

Regards

Pete

I'm computer programmer since 1984 but relating to database applications (started with dbII, then all versions of Clipper and finally with Clarion). Last years I'm programming in PHP having more than 20 scripts in the market.

FS and all related products (hardware and software) is just my hobby. But I like to have a deeper look on them, not just to fly.

In any case thank you for your prompt attention, even if I don't agree with you that I wasted my money buying FSUIPC. As I seen there are so many other ways to use it. And just the time that you're spending here replying to questions like mine, is worth of money.

Maria

I'm computer programmer since 1984 but relating to database applications (started with dbII, then all versions of Clipper and finally with Clarion). Last years I'm programming in PHP having more than 20 scripts in the market.

FS and all related products (hardware and software) is just my hobby. But I like to have a deeper look on them, not just to fly.

Download and check through the FSUIPC SDK then. Maybe one of the languages supported by contributing enthusiasts may appeal to you? You'll need full information on programming the displays you have too, though.

Regards

Pete