The simFlight Network Forums

Latest list for FSX Controls

Hi Pete,

I am a very happy registered user and began with FSUIPC Version 4.16. Although that version has worked perfectly for my purpose since the initial install, I am interested in reviewing the latest list of FSX Controls and the latest Advanced Users manual.

BTW, I did just download the 4.305 DLL and placed it in the Modules folder. I was able to get the latest Users Manual for Version 4.30 by downloading and unzipping the complete Version 4.30. But, it appears that the only way I can get the latest list of FSX Controls is to install the complete version. Is that correct?

I did just download the 4.305 DLL and placed it in the Modules folder. I was able to get the latest Users Manual for Version 4.30 by downloading and unzipping the complete Version 4.30. But, it appears that the only way I can get the latest list of FSX Controls is to install the complete version. Is that correct?

Yes. You should ALWAYS use the Installer to update FSUIPC4. The interim increments here are only meant to amend the installation created by the Installer.

If you downloaded it and unzipped it why not simply run the installer? What are you afraid of?

That said I don't think the list of FSX controls has changed much. Maybe it is time I generated a new one (it isn't automatic). Let me know if you find something is missing.

Pete

Thank you for your help. I was concerned about doing a full install over an older registered install, not knowing what might happen. But as always you had taken care of that and no settings were disturbed in the upgrade. I got all the new documentation and reviewed it all.

The FSX Controls document is the same one that I had for Version 4.16. The only thing I was looking for was a NAV1 IDENT and NAV2 IDENT. I see an IDENT function for all the other radios, i.e. ADF, DME, etc but not for the NAV radios. Is there one available? Or maybe I can figure out how to do a Mouse Macro for that function.

The only thing I was looking for was a NAV1 IDENT and NAV2 IDENT. I see an IDENT function for all the other radios, i.e. ADF, DME, etc but not for the NAV radios. Is there one available?

They're there and still have the same names they've has since FS98 days:

RADIO_VOR1_IDENT_DISABLE 65832

RADIO_VOR1_IDENT_ENABLE 65837

RADIO_VOR1_IDENT_SET 65847

RADIO_VOR1_IDENT_TOGGLE 65842

RADIO_VOR2_IDENT_DISABLE 65833

RADIO_VOR2_IDENT_ENABLE 65838

RADIO_VOR2_IDENT_SET 65848

RADIO_VOR2_IDENT_TOGGLE 65843

To find them I simply searched using the word "IDENT". All of them are actually next to each other in the sorted part of the list, courtesy of the RADIO part!

Regards

Pete