The simFlight Network Forums

fsuic 3 worthwhile for fs2002?

hiya pete,

i have the latest freeware version of fsuic. of course, for now i am using fs2002. which i will be using for quite a bit, EVEN AFTER, the initial release here in the USA, of fs2004.

is it really worthwhile to use this newest version of fsuic for fs2002 NOW. or is this newest payware version PRIMARILY geared towards fs2004?

i trust you, pete, and know you will give me an up-front honest, & non-"madison avenue," answer.

thank you.

don

is it really worthwhile to use this newest version of fsuic for fs2002 NOW. or is this newest payware version PRIMARILY geared towards fs2004?

Well of course most all of the changes have been to get FSUIPC working on FS2004 as well as it was working on FS2002, so, no, for FS2002 you won't notice much difference at all. Some things will have been improved, but not noticeably, and there may have been a bug fix or two, but nothing really important.

Now that the main work, in porting it to FS2004, is done, of course new facilities may start to get added, again. No doubt some of these will be for FS2004 only, but not all. If I were you I'd simply review the changes listed in the History documentation for each release as it happens. You can still download them and look, of course.

However, if you ask for help or support and say it is version 2.975 or earlier I may ask you to upgrade first! Isn't that fair?

Regards,

Pete

i KNEW you would provide me with a straight-forward, no marketing bs, answer, pete.

thank you!

However, if you ask for help or support and say it is version 2.975 or earlier I may ask you to upgrade first! Isn't that fair? Pete

& yes, providing fsuic support to payware users only, from here on out, is quite quite quite fair.

again, thank you,

don