The simFlight Network Forums

Button screen

I am having a problem setting this facility up on a Vista pc, the wide client window remains blank. It does connect to the wideserver pc ok and runs FS Commander ok-it is just the button screen that doesn't work.

I have tried it on another pc running XP and this works ok, so I copied and pasted the relevant lines from the one that worked to the Vista one but still nothing.

The wide client.ini file is: -

[Config]

Protocol=TCP

Port=8002

Window=281,208,601,482

Visible=Yes

ButtonScanInterval=20

ClassInstance=0

NetworkTiming=5,1

PollInterval=2000

ResponseTime=18

ApplicationDelay=0

TCPcoalesce=No

UseTCPIP=Yes

WaitForNewData=500

MaxSendQ=100

OnMaxSendQ=Log

NewSendScanTime=50

Priority=3,1,2

ServerName=Quadcore

; -----------------------------------------------

[user]

Log=Errors+

ButtonScreen=Yes

ButtonScreen=Yes

; -----------------------------------------------

[buttonScreen]

0=T"Pause"

1=T"Slew"

Please tell me wht I am doing wrong!

Den

I am having a problem setting this facility up on a Vista pc, the wide client window remains blank.

Blank, or grey divided into rectangles representing button positions but with no labels? If there's no labels it normally just means it thinks it isn't connected.

It does connect to the wideserver pc ok and runs FS Commander ok-it is just the button screen that doesn't work.

I have tried it on another pc running XP and this works ok

I've just tried it here on Vista and it works fine, so it isn't anything to do with Vista.

so I copied and pasted the relevant lines from the one that worked to the Vista one but still nothing.

Well, you have two "ButtonScreen=Yes" lines, but that shouldn't matter.

I've just tried your INI file here, but without the Protocol=TCP and ServerName=Quadcore parameters, which shouldn't be needed if you are in the same WorkGroup as the server.

I see you have a "UseTCPIP" parameter, which is long discontinued -- the only parameter for that has been "Protocol=TCP" for a long long time now. Are you sure you aren't using an out of date version of WideClient on that Vista PC? If you are not sure let me see the Log file. Looking at your INI file there are parameters there which are out of date and even discontinued, and some of those which should be there are missing, so I would guess you are well out of date with that installation. I expect it is a version pre-dating the Button Screen facility.

I think you should delete the INI file, install the latest WideClient, and try again. You'll find a very recent one in the Downloads announcements above.

You should really also have the "Size=" parameter in the ButtonScreen section, to configure the button array to suit your needs.

Regards

Pete

Pete

Re-installing Wide client updated file has solved the problem. Didn't realise how old the one I had was.

Thanks for your prompt help.

Just need to save up for a touch screen now. (tried it on my PDA but it wouldnt run Wideclient)

Den