The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to register FSWide7

Simmy

I have downloaded FSUIPC4 and WideFS7 for FSX. I had no trouble registering FSUIPC4 but to register WideFS7 it tells me to use the installer. I can find no way of registering even though I have a registration key for this product. I note that this problem was the subject of a post some time ago but there does not appear to have been a solution posted.

Please advise.

Thanks

Brian Simpson

I have downloaded FSUIPC4 and WideFS7 for FSX. I had no trouble registering FSUIPC4 but to register WideFS7 it tells me to use the installer.

Both FSUIPC4 and WideFS7 are registered via the Installer, and this has been the case for many releases now. It is done specifically to avoid Administrative rights problems when trying to do it in FSX.

I can find no way of registering even though I have a registration key for this product.

Run the installer. When it has done its job you will get the option to register either or both or FSUIPC4 and WideFS, or remove registrations, or simply check them.

I note that this problem was the subject of a post some time ago but there does not appear to have been a solution posted.

When and where was that?

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Many thanks for your prompt reply.I hope you enjoyed your break. I am afraid I am an ignoramus when it comes to computers! No matter how I try I cannot obtain a registration screen.

I am running Windows XP. From your websites FSX box I downloaded WideFS 6.75 and opened the zip file with Winzip. However, I cannot find an installation option.

I am sorry if I am being a nuisance but I still need help.

I live in Newcastle-under-Lyme and am prepared to let you have my telephone number if it will help.

Best wishes

Brian Simpson

I am running Windows XP. From your websites FSX box I downloaded WideFS 6.75 and opened the zip file with Winzip. However, I cannot find an installation option.

There is NO INSTALLATION from the wideFS ZIP file. For FSX the only things you want from the WideFS file are the documents and Wideclient.EXE, to put on your Client PC.

For FSX, WideServer is built into FSUIPC4, as it clearly states in many many places. Please please read the FSUIPC User Guide, where you will find an INSTALLATION section. READ THAT. Then run the FSUIPC4 installer where, as I clearly told you, you will get registration, de-registration and checking options for both FSUIPC4 and WideFS7.

You MUST have seen that before as you said you registered FSUIPC4!!! :-(

I am sorry if I am being a nuisance but I still need help.

There is a lot of help in the extensive documentation, which I am sure you could find if you looked! :-)

Regards

Pete