The simFlight Network Forums

Problems with EFIS/Mouse macros. Need help.

Hello!

I have EFIS-737 from OC, and yesterday I started to write SIOC code, but there are too many problems. (I have FSX running on Windows Vista (SimConnect SP1 May07))

First of all, i've copied the SIOC code by OC. But it doesn't work!

The fragment of this code is:

Var 1201, name PM_MODO, Link FSUIPC_INOUT, Offset $04F4, Length 2     // PM_EFIS_MODO
Var 1202, name PM_RANG, Link FSUIPC_OUT, Offset $04F8, Length 2     // PM_EFIS_RANG
Var 1203, name PM_DH, Link FSUIPC_OUT, Offset $04FA, Length 2     // PM_EFIS_DH
Var 1204, name FS_QNH, Link FSUIPC_OUT, Offset $0330, Length 2     // FS_QNH_MB
Var 1208, name PM2_RANG, Link FSUIPC_OUT, Offset $5524, Length 2     // PM_EFIS_RANG FO
Var 1210, name PM2_DH, Link FSUIPC_OUT, Offset $5532, Length 2     // PM_EFIS_DH FO
Var 1212, name FS2_QNH, Link FSUIPC_OUT, Offset $552E, Length 2     // FS_QNH_MB FO

But i don't find these offsets in any documentation!

The only i've found about EFIS is:

0E5A	2	EFIS active (1=enabled)
0E5C     2	EFIS VOR/ILS elevation in metres
0E5E     2	EFIS density: 0=thin, 1=medium, 2=thick
0E60     2	EFIS range: 0=short, 1=medium, 2=long
0E62	2	EFIS mode: 0=normal, 1=reset, 2=plot intercept
0E64	2	EFIS via VOR (2) or ILS (4)
0E66	2	EFIS NAV select (1 or 2)
0E68	2	EFIS display type: 0=rectangles, 1=telegraph poles, 2=yellow brick road

Never mind, i decided to use Key Emulation, but I didn't find any functionss of EFIS in FSUIPC4/Key presses ! (I use 4.28, registered)

So, i really didn't know to do, when i remembered Mouse macros. Ok, I entered the Key presses tab, and pressed "Create mouse macro". I entered the name, pressed ok and got back to the game. I pressed mouse button on the needed place, but! Nothing happened. I pressed it many times, next i went to that tab and pressed "End macro". I went to the log file. But there i've only seen RX29550*X8bcc lines. It's all.

So, the question is: what can i do or how can i know "RXxxxx*xxxx" - type name of the point?

I've created MCRO file, but i don't know how to get names "RXxxxx*xxxx".

[Macros]
Module="panels.dll"
1=L ADF=RX35a0*Xa1cc
2=L VOR=RX3660*Xa1cc

Thanks for ANY help.

Dmitry.

I have EFIS-737 from OC, and yesterday I started to write SIOC code, but there are too many problems. (I have FSX running on Windows Vista (SimConnect SP1 May07))

First of all, i've copied the SIOC code by OC. But it doesn't work!

I think you need support from this SIOC or OC companies, as their implementation will be specific to them. It isn't anything directly supported by FSUIPC, they are merely using FSUIPC as the vehicle.

Some comments though:

Var 1201, name PM_MODO, Link FSUIPC_INOUT, Offset $04F4, Length 2     // PM_EFIS_MODO
Var 1202, name PM_RANG, Link FSUIPC_OUT, Offset $04F8, Length 2     // PM_EFIS_RANG
Var 1203, name PM_DH, Link FSUIPC_OUT, Offset $04FA, Length 2     // PM_EFIS_DH
Var 1204, name FS_QNH, Link FSUIPC_OUT, Offset $0330, Length 2     // FS_QNH_MB
Var 1208, name PM2_RANG, Link FSUIPC_OUT, Offset $5524, Length 2     // PM_EFIS_RANG FO
Var 1210, name PM2_DH, Link FSUIPC_OUT, Offset $5532, Length 2     // PM_EFIS_DH FO
Var 1212, name FS2_QNH, Link FSUIPC_OUT, Offset $552E, Length 2     // FS_QNH_MB FO

But i don't find these offsets in any documentation!

Except for 0330, which is the QNH and is in the FSUIPC documentation, these are all Project Magenta offsets and are documented in the Project Magenta website.

The only i've found about EFIS is:

0E5A	2	EFIS active (1=enabled)
0E5C     2	EFIS VOR/ILS elevation in metres
0E5E     2	EFIS density: 0=thin, 1=medium, 2=thick
0E60     2	EFIS range: 0=short, 1=medium, 2=long
0E62	2	EFIS mode: 0=normal, 1=reset, 2=plot intercept
0E64	2	EFIS via VOR (2) or ILS (4)
0E66	2	EFIS NAV select (1 or 2)
0E68	2	EFIS display type: 0=rectangles, 1=telegraph poles, 2=yellow brick road

These are nothing whatsoever to do with the EFIS you have, but was the term used by Microsoft for its heads-up guidance system for ILSs using hoops or boxes in the sky. Those offsets haven't been supported for a long time.

Never mind, i decided to use Key Emulation, but I didn't find any functionss of EFIS in FSUIPC4/Key presses ! (I use 4.28, registered)

There are no built-in facilities for operating the default EFIS features in FS at all. There are ways of operating the EFIS in Project Magenta, and also PMDG and LevelD and some other add-ons -- but they all do their own thing. there's no standard.

So, i really didn't know to do, when i remembered Mouse macros. Ok, I entered the Key presses tab, and pressed "Create mouse macro". I entered the name, pressed ok and got back to the game. I pressed mouse button on the needed place, but! Nothing happened. I pressed it many times, next i went to that tab and pressed "End macro". I went to the log file. But there i've only seen RX29550*X8bcc lines. It's all.

The FSUIPC mouse macros don't work on many of the default FS gauges due to the non-standard way they've implemented them. I believe i do explain this in the manual. If the "TEST" facility (press TAB) doesn't work for it, then it cannot happen.

I've created MCRO file, but i don't know how to get names "RXxxxx*xxxx".

You should never have created them without testing them to be sure. Please do follow the instructions more precisely. I'm afraid there is no way you can do anything with the default EFIS gauges in FSUIPC. you might get it sorted using Luciano Napolitano's "Key2Mouse", as it was designed for these cases.

Best to delete the Macro section from your INI file for now.

Regards

Pete