The simFlight Network Forums

Gear configuration problem.

Hello Pete this is George Nikolou from Athens Greece. I have problem to set up the gear axis on FSX. I use CH throttle quadrant and i have set up two axis for throttles and two axis for spoilers and flaps which they are working perfectly but with the gear set up i have problem. I used the example that you have post in the FSUIPC 4.30 users guide exactly as was shown in page 40 but the axis is not working well. When i put the axis in gear down position it is working fine but when i put the axis in gear up position nothing happens. Please assist.

I have problem to set up the gear axis on FSX.

FS's gear control is just a toggle -- UP or DOWN, it isn't an axis.

I used the example that you have post in the FSUIPC 4.30 users guide exactly as was shown in page 40 but the axis is not working well. When i put the axis in gear down position it is working fine but when i put the axis in gear up position nothing happens. Please assist.

Ah, you mean using the axis range section? I can't actually see what you have done from here, sorry. You'll have to explain exactly what you have done if you want me to assist. The documentation does explain everything -- it even includes pictures!

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete i get your message and i am sending you the configuration i made in FSUIPC in two photos. Also i want to say that i have configure the three controllers i have ( CH throttle quadrant, Saitec cyborg evo and CH pro pedals) inside the FSUIPC and i have disable the controls inside FSX. Also i want to tell you that i use project magenta software because i am building the cockpit of A320 and i use the TCP-IP protocol through network. Can i change the Widefs to use IPX-SPX protocol instead of TCP-IP and how i can do this? I have install the IPX-SPX protocol in all my pc's.

post-29195-128689643472_thumb.jpg

post-29195-128689643488_thumb.jpg

Hello Pete i get your message and i am sending you the configuration i made in FSUIPC in two photos.

Yes, that makes the problem and solution obvious. You have not only configured the axis to send Gear Down and Gear Up commands when it passes through certain ranges, but you have also assigned the axis, as an analogue axis, to "Gear Set" -- FSUIPC will be not only sending gear Down and Gear Up requests when it should, but also continually sending values from the axis, almost all of which will most certainly be non-zero and therefore seen as "gear down" by FS.

Do one thing or the other - Down and Up controls, or a "gear set" axis, NOT both! If you choose to use Gear Set you will have to be sure your axis sends only zero (0) when you move it to the "gear up" position! Most unlikely except by program or specific exlectric circuit.

Can i change the Widefs to use IPX-SPX protocol instead of TCP-IP and how i can do this? I have install the IPX-SPX protocol in all my pc's.

You can do, though unless you are still using Windows Me, 98 or 95, there's no real advantage -- TCP or UDP are just as efficient these days with MS not really developing IPX any more. The fastest is undoubtedly UDP, but that's because there's no checking on that. Use it if you get no errors reported in the logs.

The instructions for selecting the protocol are clearly described in the WideFS documentation. Can't you find it? Look in the Zip. There's only one parameter involved, in the WideClient.INI file!!

Pete