The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.847 Axis intercepts

Hi Pete,

I have defined and calibrated the flaps in FSUIPC 3.847 with FS2004.

But I need to run another driver for the throttle that tries also to set the flaps.

So the problem is the flaps setting from FSUIPC 3.847 is overruled by that driver trying to keep flaps 0.

In Fsuipc 4 with FSX there is a command axisintercepts=yes, with that setting everything works, Fsuipc is not overruled.

I tried that setting with FSUIPC 3.847 and FS2004 but it seems not to know that command.

Or is there another possibility for FSUIPC to be the only considered source for an axis?

Many thanks for helping

Gilles

I have defined and calibrated the flaps in FSUIPC 3.847 with FS2004.

But I need to run another driver for the throttle that tries also to set the flaps.

So the problem is the flaps setting from FSUIPC 3.847 is overruled by that driver trying to keep flaps 0.

Er, slow down a bit. Why is this "driver" for the throtle trying to set flaps 0? Please expplain why that should be so.

n Fsuipc 4 with FSX there is a command axisintercepts=yes, with that setting everything works, Fsuipc is not overruled.

Axes are intercepted in any case unless they are assigned directly in FSUIPC's axis assignments for "direct to FSUIPC calibration". then the axis intercepts from FS are generally not wanted, and can cause problems for some add-ons (like the Level D 767).

I tried that setting with FSUIPC 3.847 and FS2004 but it seems not to know that command.

There's no point because FSUIPC3 always intercepts all axes. It was different on FSX because of the way intercepts have to work through SimConnect. It's a very technical difference, not a difference in user facility.

I think you are seeking the wrong solution to a problem which isn't fully explained. If you can go into some more detail, p[erhaps I can see a better solution. Having a driver enforcing flaps 0 does not make any sense to me at all.

Regards

Pete