The simFlight Network Forums

Autofeather

Thanks Pete for your hints,

and you have been again right, I hadnt looked hard enough in the drop-down menu. Eventually I found everything.

But "Autofeather Arm" doesnt work though I can activate this toggle by mouse. What did I? I went to Buttons + Switches, pressed the button I want to assign to, checked "Select for FS control", choosed "Toggle Autofeather Arm" under "Control sent when button pressed", then OK. But unfortunately there is no reaction on the cockpits togggle. What to do?

Regards, Guenther

But "Autofeather Arm" doesnt work though I can activate this toggle by mouse. What did I? I went to Buttons + Switches, pressed the button I want to assign to, checked "Select for FS control", choosed "Toggle Autofeather Arm" under "Control sent when button pressed", then OK. But unfortunately there is no reaction on the cockpits togggle. What to do?

Turn on "event logging" in the FSUIPC logging page, then test both the assigned button and also the mouse click, and see in the FSUIPC Log file if both send the Autofeather Arm control.

Show it to me if you aren't clear what is going on, but tell me the order in which you tested things.

Since you started a new thread just for "AutoFeather", and I don't recall your original query, I do not even know if you are referring to FS9, FSX, or some other FS, or which aircraft you are using for this. If it is an add-on aircraft, not a default, it may be that it does not use the FS facility at all, but does its own thing.

Regards

Pete

Pete, sorry for the missing information. Here they are:

Windows XP

FS 9

Aircraft: Aeroworx King Air B 200.

Now I followed your advice, going to Logging page/Events/New Log.

First I moved the Autofeather Arm-Toggle by mouse and found in the Log the following line:

497656 ~~~ Event: Cntrl = 66360 (0x00010338), Param = 0 (0x00000000)Toggle_Afterburner 2.

Then I pushed the toggle on the ThQ that I had assined to "Autofeather Arm" and found the following line:

501718 ~~~ Event: Cntrl = 66297 (0x000102f9), Param = 0 (0x00000000) Toggle_Autofeather_Arm.

Hope that this clarfies the situation for you.

Regards Guenther

Aircraft: Aeroworx King Air B 200.

Now I followed your advice, going to Logging page/Events/New Log.

First I moved the Autofeather Arm-Toggle by mouse and found in the Log the following line:

497656 ~~~ Event: Cntrl = 66360 (0x00010338), Param = 0 (0x00000000)Toggle_Afterburner 2.

Then I pushed the toggle on the ThQ that I had assined to "Autofeather Arm" and found the following line:

501718 ~~~ Event: Cntrl = 66297 (0x000102f9), Param = 0 (0x00000000) Toggle_Autofeather_Arm.

Hope that this clarfies the situation for you.

Not for me! I don't need the situation clarified -- I don't even use such an aircraft. But you surely have clarified it for yourself, not me?

It looks like this "Aeroworx" aircraft has implemented its autofeather switch using the "Toggle Afterburner 2" control -- very weird! So, you will have to use the same control, obviously.

Regards

Pete

Sorry Pete for using "to clarify", obviously a wrong expression. Probably it had been better to use "to explain" or so. Thats always the risk to be misunderstood when communicating in another then your native language. I hope you can forgive me my poor english.

Your remark about The Aeroworx King Air sounds a bit negative to me. There is certainly a bug (Autofeather works also not with Afterburner) but its a phantastic model. As far as I know and how its very often mentioned in the forums, the King Air B 200 seems to be the most complex Add-on on the Simulation market. There are lots of RW-King Air-Pilots, using this model also on their computers and sharing their experiences in the forums. They wouldnt do so if this model wouldnt be very close to reality. And thats also the reason why I use only this aircraft for FS.

Regards, Guenther

Your remark about The Aeroworx King Air sounds a bit negative to me.

Negative? Sorry, I don't understand.

All I did was point out what must now be obvious to you, and that is that the autofeather arm switch in that cockpit is operated NOT by the FS autofeather arm control, but by the afterburner 2 control. Therefore, if you want to assign a button or key to it, that is the control you have to use.

You found this out yourself using the Logging. I can do no more to help if you still don't get it!

I'm sorry that you seem to misunderstand me so much. There's nothing at all "negative" about thinking that this strange use of an different control altogether is "weird", surely? I don't know why you think that! It certainly is weird, not negative!

:-(

Pete