The simFlight Network Forums

Vista and FS9

Peter;

I acquired a new notebook with vista ultimate and after spending almost 2 days installing addons, I came with the realisation that almost nothing works...

Some of the problems are:

fskeeper 2.8 gives me ipc timout retries

as6 does not connect to fs9

IVAP does not work

pmdg 737 has problems with automated landings and applying flaps on landing goes completly avoc

The 2 first problens could be due to problems with fsuipc ver 3.82? (registrated owner)?

Best regards

JMN

I acquired a new notebook with vista ultimate and after spending almost 2 days installing addons, I came with the realisation that almost nothing works...

Some of the problems are:

fskeeper 2.8 gives me ipc timout retries

as6 does not connect to fs9

IVAP does not work

pmdg 737 has problems with automated landings and applying flaps on landing goes completly avoc

The 2 first problens could be due to problems with fsuipc ver 3.82? (registrated owner)?

Have you checked the FSUIPC log to see if there are any errors? You'll find it in the FS9 Modules folder.

If you installed FS9 into "Program Files" (which is where it would go by default, then you will probably have problems with any add-on which may need to write to any FS folders, as Vista protects them all. Furthermore, because Vista recognises FS9 as not being Vista-aware, and likely to want to write to its own folders, it creates aliassed folders which look like the real ones and which can be written to but which aren't actually read by FS! To avoid all this hassle it is best to install FS9 (and any other non-Vista add-ons) some place else, NOT in the Program Files folder!

Finally, if you are running FS9 with elevated administrator privileges (e.g. by "Run as administrator", or setting a property for this), then every FSUIPC client application on that same PC will have to be run at the save privilege level, otherwise Vista stops them talking to each other. It is best to only ever use "run as administrator" for installation and registration, never for normal operation.

Regards

Pete

Peter;

I installed FS9 on a partition just for itself. Infortunatly, it went to folder f:\program files\..... I made fs9, and addons run as admin, but problems still persisted. Meanwhile, I installed fskeeper 3 and gave full control to the entire f:\program files\.... folder and it works!, I don't know if it was the first or the second option that made things strait, because I made the simultaneatly, but now it works and in prime AS6 now connect to FS9 with no problems.... Vista took some time to turn on full control to all files, but its worth the time.

Best regards

JMN